Kung Food

"Hey, Adrien, Marinette needs your help. Her mom's uncle is here and she doesn't know Mandarin." Alya calls Adrien on the phone.

Adrien raises an eyebrow in confusion. How did Alya get his phone number? He didn't remember giving it to her, "Isn't Marinette half Chinese? Why doesn't she know her own language? Even Amber learned all the languages in her ancestry."

Alya bites her lip a little. Amber was a common topic with Adrien. Somehow, he always seemed to talk about her in any situation, "Well, uh...you'll just have to ask her. I know that you know Mandarin, so can you help?"

Adrien looks confused again, "How did you know that?"

"Thanks, Adrien! Bye!" Alya hangs up abruptly.

The blonde looks at his phone, "I guess I'll just tell Amber that I'll hang out with her later."

...

Marinette, and Wang Cheng sit uncomfortably on the family sofa before hearing the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it!" Marinette stands up and runs over to the door, opening to see...

"Hey Marinette." Adrien waves.

Marinette feels her face repeatedly in panic, "ADRIEN!? What in the-uh, what are you-"

"Alya called me. She said you needed a translator." Adrien explains, "Don't know how she knew that I knew Mandarin."

Marinette giggles nervously. She had told Alya about it through stalking the boy.

"Anyway, I'll go with you guys to the hotel. I was gonna go there anyway to hang out with Amber."

Marinette silently growls at the mention of the girl.

...

Adrien's bodyguard drove them to the Le Grand Paris hotel, Marinette, Wang Cheng, and Adrien sat in the back.

"郑师傅,这是你第一次来巴黎吗?" Adrien asks.

(Master Cheng, Is this the first time you've visited Paris?)

"不,我三十年曾经来过这里;你说一口流利的中国话." Wang Cheng says.

(No, I have been here 30 years ago. You can speak Chinese fluently.)

Adrien bows, "谢谢,郑师傅."

(Thank you, Master Cheng.)

Marinette grumpily stared out the window, feeling left out.

(Maybe you should learn your main language so that you could understand. Marinette is 50% Chinese, 25% French, and 25% Italian.)

"My English very bad. Not like your Chinese." Wang Cheng spoke, surprising the two teens.

"I thought you couldn't speak English." Adrien says.

"Uh, me too!" Marinette chimes in, finally feeling included.

Wang Cheng rubs the back of his head, "Oh, no, not good. My English not good."