Music to My Ears

"In a few days, there will be a talent show at the school." Mr. Damocles told Miss Bustier's class, "If you don't want to join it, that's okay. It's not mandatory. You are required to attend and watch participates of the talent show and it will be judged by none other than Jagged Stone."

Ryder stares in shock, before looking conflicted.

"You okay, Ryder?" Adrien whispers to him.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Ryder whispers back, smiling.

Amber glanced at the two with a confused expression.

...

The students were chatting in the courtyard about the talent show.

"Amby, are you gonna play your cello in the talent show?" Chloé asks her sister.

"I don't know." Amber glanced over at Ryder, who was sitting by himself on one of the benches, "Ryder looks conflicted."

"Like he doesn't know if he wants to join?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna go over there and talk to him." Amber told her.

"Good luck!" Chloé waves before walking over to Sabrina.

"Ryder?" the brunette walks over to him, "I noticed that you looked conflicted. Are you okay?"

"Hey." the raven-haired boy frowns, "I...wanted to join the talent show, to showcase a song that I wrote, but Jagged Stone's gonna be there judging the whole thing! He's my favorite singer/rockstar of all time!"

"So your talent is music based and that's why you're freaking out?" Amber puts a hand on his shoulder, "Ryder, there's nothing to be afraid of. I mean, you're in a class with the son of a famous fashion designer, the daughter of a famous movie director, and the daughter of the Mayor. Besides, you've got this!"

Ryder slowly smiles, "Yeah...Yeah! I've got this!" he side hugs the brunette, catching her off guard, "Thanks, Amber!" he gets up and heads over to Adrien and Nino.

"You're welcome!" Amber waves before walking over to Chloé and Sabrina.

"Hey, guys!" Ryder greets his friends.

"You entering the talent show, dude?"

"Yeah. Amber was actually talking to me about how I should join. The only thing I'm worried about is Jagged Stone judging me."

"Oh, because he's your favorite singer and rockstar?"

"Yep."

"Ryder!"

The raven-haired boy turned to see Rose, Juleka, and Ivan standing together, "Oh, hey!"

"We heard that you were entering the competition." Ivan smiles.

"Yeah, I was gonna sing a song I wrote for it-"

"That's great!" Rose exclaims excitedly, "If you want, we could provide backup for you!"

"Like a band..." Juleka spoke quietly.

"Really?" Ryder smiles as the trio nod, "Yeah, sure! I'd love that!"

...

It was now the day of the talent show, with Ryder, Rose, Juleka, and Ivan being the last ones to perform.

"Okay, Ryder." Mr. Damocles reassures as he, Mr. Monlataing, Miss Bustier, and Jagged Stone were sitting at a table in front of the made stage, "Whenever you're ready."

Ryder looks over at his friend group, Nino recording the event on his phone as Adrien gave a thumbs up. He took a deep breath and started singing.

(This is a song by Adam Lambert that was performed for a Halloween episode of Pretty Little Liars)

Feel like I′m having a meltdown
It feels like I'm losing control
They tell me I′m a danger to myself
Now the crazy train is ready to roll, oh

The students and teachers watch in shock and awe. Ryder was known for loving music, but they never heard him sing before.

Amber smiles as Chloé and Sabrina look in shock, Adrien and Nino's jaws dropped.

Walk that walk like you don't give a
You've got a right to turn it up and get down
Electric shock, no I can′t get enough
′Cause tonight we're taking over the town

Before Ryder swears after the don't give a part, he covers his mouth, eliciting laughs from the crowd. Nathaniel, Alix, and Mylène smile as Kim and Max grin. Meanwhile Marinette and Alya exchange looks over shock.

Rose joins in for the chorus.

I wanna lose my mind like a maniac
And cross the line, never looking back
We′re on the loose, getting crazy
And we've gone cuckoo
Gonna party ′til they take us away

"I never knew Ryder could sing. Chloé, Sabrina, and I have known him for years!" Nino says.

I'm swinging off of my hinges
I′m cocked and I'm ready to go
Go on and pack up your thingses
The crazy train is ready to roll, oh

"His parents always hated music and forced him to become a lawyer or a doctor instead." Chloé explains.

Walk that walk like you don't give a
You′ve got a right to turn it up and get down
Electric shock, no I can′t get enough
'Cause tonight we′re taking over the town

"Guys, look at Jagged." Amber smiles excitedly, "He's in complete awe!"

"I think this is the one performance that he ever showed such interest in." Adrien points out.

I wanna lose my mind like a maniac
And cross the line, never looking back
We're on the loose, getting crazy
And we′ve gone cuckoo
Gonna party 'til they take us away

Aurore and Mirelle fangirl at this.

Lose my mind
I′m gonna lose my mind

Gonna get out of this straitjacket
Whoa, cuckoo
Gonna get out of this straitjacket
Whoa, yeah

Unbeknownst to everyone else, a teen boy was watching Ryder in interest.

I wanna lose my mind like a maniac
And cross the line, never looking back
We're on the loose, getting crazy
And we've gone cuckoo
Gonna party ′til they take us away

Lose my mind
Gonna lose my mind
I′m gonna lose my mind
Gonna party 'til they take us away
Loose my mind
Gonna lose my mind, yeah
Gonna party ′til they take us away

The student body and teachers cheer loudly once the song's over, Ryder looking wide-eyed.

"I think we know who the winner is!" Mr. Damocles says as Mr. Montataing and Miss Bustier nod, "Right, Jagged?"

"Right! This kid and his band win!" Jagged Stone claps as Fang pants happily.

"Ryder! Ryder! Ryder!" the students chant as Ryder blushes slightly, Rose, Juleka, and Ivan hugging him.

"What about that?" Jagged says into the mic, "We just witnessed the birth of a genuine rockstar!"

"That's our bro!" Nino cheers loudly as Adrien laughs.

"Woohoo!" Sabrina adds as Chloé and Amber cheer.

...

Juleka walks home with her brother.

"That was a great performance, Jules. By the way, who was that boy singing?"

"That's Ryder. He's a friend from my class."

The boy smiles at this, "Ryder, you say?"