Kitsune

Amber packs up a picnic basket and puts it in a basket on her Vespa. She sighs to herself as she picks up her helmet and puts it on.

"Ams, wait!" Nino calls out, running after her.

"Nino? What is it?"

"I heard from Mylène that you were visiting your dad today." Nino starts to say, "I was wondering if I could come with you and pick his brain about the next movie festival? It's in his honor."

"Uh...sure!"

...

Amber and Nino are escorted by a nurse to the visitor's room.

"He's right over there, dears." the woman gestures to a man with brown hair, brown eyes, and slight stubble on his chin with a well groomed mustache.

"Thank you." Amber smiles as the nurse leaves.

Nino gasps excitedly, "It's really him!"

Vincenzo, who was originally looking out the window, turns and smiles when he spots his daughter, "Ma Bella!"

"Papà!" Amber runs into her father's arms and hugs him.

...

Adrien rushes down the stairs with his bags before hearing a conversation between his father and someone else. He peeks into the room to see his father on the phone.

"Yes, I'm busy. I was right in the middle of something very important. What do you want?" Gabriel pauses, looking at a book on his table, "What?! This is unacceptable! The sample garment doesn't match at all!" he closes grabs his book, "All you had to do was follow a pattern. Imbeciles!" he heads to an open safe, "What am I supposed to do? The show is in three days! No, don't use him, he's completely useless." he puts the book into the safe, closing it and concealing it with the painting of his wife, "Call my assistant, Nathalie. She'll give you some other names." he heads out of the room, Adrien hiding behind a pillar to avoid being spotted.

Adrien peeks out as soon as his father's out of sight, "He hides stuff behind the painting of Mom?"

"Ooh! I love dirty secrets!" Plagg exclaims as his owner walks into the room and opens the painting, "Oh, yes! Go on, go on!"

Adrien reaches his hand out to the safe before pulling away, "I can't do it. My dad wouldn't like me going through his stuff. Besides, I don't even know the code, and my fencing class is about to start."

"You're such a party pooper." Plagg phases through the safe door, unlocking it from the inside.

"Plagg, no!"

"My, my, what have we got here?" Plagg looks around as Adrien opens the safe, gasping, "A book on Tibet, an old flyer from a hotel, a load of old junk, come on, where's the good stuff?" he knocks the book Gabriel had into his owner's arms, "I've seen this book somewhere before. But who cares? I'm famished! I need Camembert!"

Adrien flips through the pages, looking at ancient Chinese superheroes similar to Chat Noir and Ladybug along with a fox, "Why is my dad keeping this locked in a safe?" he flips another page, gasping as he stares at a picture of an ancient Chinese hero similar to..., "Hawk Moth? What's this monster doing in a book about superheroes?"