One

It's a typical drizzly Monday morning, and I'm getting ready for my first official day at McLaren as their reserve driver.

It will be nothing too exciting unfortunately, mainly filled with meetings about the upcoming season.

Oh who am I kidding, of course it's exciting! I'm in Formula One baby!

I will be getting to meet the team over at MTC, including my teammates Oscar, and Lando.

The latter of whom I don't really know very well, as I just mentioned. Our paths have crossed plenty of times but we're closer to colleagues than friends.

I know Oscar very well though.

We bonded over our lack of social skills and apparent introverted-ness. Everyone seems to think Oscar is a very dull individual, but that not the case, he's actually hilarious.

Anyway, back to my previous point.... I don't really know Lando Norris, which is weird when I think about it.

Especially when my brother is a good friend of his, and we both have the same career.

From what I do know about Lando, he's extremely extroverted, the polar opposite of myself.

I don't tend to deal well with extroverted people.

How are they so cool with just talking to complete strangers? I've never been able to understand it.

I mean Claudia has a knack for talking to anyone about anything but she's never the one to instigate it, she just has a knack for rambling.

It's probably why me and Oscar get on so well.
Introverts unite!

Anyway, much like Claudia, I'm rambling as per usual.

I set off for the half an hour drive half filled with nerves, half filled with excitement. It's a blustery day in Woking, the dimly lit sun is hiding behind a sea of grey clouds.

Rain is coming. I can feel it.

I've opted to wear a pair of blue straight legged jeans, white sneakers and my McLaren hoodie. Dressing more for the poor weather than a fashion statement.

Claudia would be so disappointed.

My hair is pulled into a slicked back bun, a signature style for me, as I hate the feeling of my hair in my face.

I arrive at the McLaren Technology Centre with 5 minutes to spare and take a deep breath to regulate myself, before heading inside.

This is it.

Upon entering the building I'm swarmed by staff members introducing themselves and congratulating me on making the team.

I reply back cheerfully, making sure to thank them all, however I can't help but feel a little overstimulated by how chaotic it is inside.

I'll just have to get used to it I guess.

A young woman, by the name of Florence introduces herself and guides me into an office filled with McLaren personnel.

I recognise a few faces including CEO Zak Brown, team principal Andrea Stella and my good friend Oscar.

His face lights up with glee upon realising it's me and gestures for me to sit beside him. "Hey stranger!" He grins widely, "congratulations!"

I take the empty seat beside him and smile back.

It's a very forced smile, I can feel the corners of my lips trembling. "Hey Oscar, thank you!"

"Are you nervous?" He whispers, raising his eyebrows and smirking playfully, clearly noticing my pretty poor attempt of acting cool.

I stop masking and look at him like a deer in the headlights, there's no point trying to hide my true feelings to him, he can read me like a book. "Petrified..."