Three

Mr. Obnoxious
Hey! We still cool for tonight?
Also great playlist by the way!
Big fan of Noah Kahan 😊

Bluntina
Yeah, got nothing better to do I guess,
and I know. I have great taste!😉

I'm getting myself ready to go out tonight, whilst on FaceTime to my best friend, Claudia. She's currently in Milan shooting a new campaign.

"So hang on, you finally had a conversation with Lando and now you're going on a date with him?" Claudia questions, in absolute shock. Her face is a picture, I rarely see her this flustered.

"It's not a date. I'm going out with Oscar and he invited Lando." I huff, trying to defend myself.

It's not a date. Well it's a mate date. A colleague date? "Plus I sort of know of him if that counts. My brother is friends with him."

I pull another possible outfit from my wardrobe however it doesn't look how I imagined it would so it gets thrown to the growing pile of clean clothes adorning my bedroom floor.

"Uh-huh, so you don't have a crush on him or anything?" Claudia smirks as she enters another room with better lighting.

"Why would I have a crush on him? I've spoke to him once." I chuckle, "The only things I know about him is that we're on the same F1 team; he collects stress balls. Oh, and he likes Noah Kahan apparently."

She looks at me with that same playful look I've become all too familiar with. "Right, right... So why are you suddenly obsessing over your outfit?"

Shit. She's right.

"I'm not I just can't find anything nice to wear." I defend, stood in my mountain of clean clothes. She doesn't believe me, I can tell.

"So you don't find him attractive?" Claudia pry's, trying to get more information out of me.

Told you. I'm a useless liar.

"Oh no. He certainly is attractive." I blurt out without thinking, a wide smile forming across my lips.

Claudia glares at me, I can see her trying to hide her smile but she's making a poor attempt at it.

"I just don't know the guy very well. Plus, he puts me on edge." I try and justify, my face now resembling a ripe tomato.

Is it possible to talk to a guy once and like them?

I thought that just happened in the movies.

Claudia snaps me out of my thoughts, "How does he put you on edge exactly?"

I think about it for a moment, "I don't know he just makes me nervous I guess..."

I'm digging myself a deeper hole here aren't I?

"Uh-uh. Like a good nervous or a bad nervous?"
My best friend questions, seeking yet more information.

This woman should be a detective.

"Just, you know, nervous." I mutter, picking a pile of clothes up off of my bedroom floor. "I just struggle making friends, this is foreign knowledge to me."