Eleven

I'm woken up the next morning by a blaring alarm going off. I sit up and to my shock, Lando is soundly asleep beside me.

"Lando, wake up we have to be at the track in an hour." I whisper, shaking him slightly.

Why is he asleep in my bed? And where is Oscar?

Lando barely even flinches, and he says I'm not a morning person. "Lando come on, you've got to get up."

He stirrs for a minute before his eyes flicker open, his confused expression mirroring my own. "Where am I?" He groans.

"My bed?" I chuckle awkwardly, just as puzzled as to how he ended up staying here.

"Oh shit. Where's Oscar?" He asks, finally sitting up. Rubbing his eyes slightly.

God sleepy Lando is something else.

"No idea." I mutter, pulling out my phone and ringing him.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Oscar chuckles, answering the phone.

"So you are alive. Where are you?" I ask, getting out of bed.

"In my hotel room. Is Lando still with you?" I can't see his face but I know he's grinning cheekily.

"Yeah, we're both rather confused." I mutter, heading into the bathroom to get ready.

"He fell asleep not long after you. You looked very cozy." He chuckles, "Didn't want to disturb you so I just went back to my room."

"Riiiight..." I mumble, "well I'm just getting ready now. I'll see you soon."

"No worries, see you two lovebirds later." Oscar giggles before hanging up the phone.

I grab a quick shower and go to put on my uniform, but to my horror, I realise I never brought it in here with me.

God I hope Lando has left all ready.

I open the bathroom door slightly, "Lando you still here?"

"What's up?" He replies, a concerned tone in his voice.

"Can you pass me my work clothes? Second drawer down." I mutter, holding my arm of the door to grab them.

"Are you naked in there DeLuca?" He teases, handing me my clothes.

"I won't be in about 10 seconds." I chuckle, putting on my uniform and heading back into my room. "Since when did you get dressed?"

"I nipped back and got ready when you had a shower." He grins, pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"And you came back here, why exactly?" I ask, rather confused.

"Forgot my phone." He chuckles, "you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I think so." I grab my things and head out of the room, Lando in tow. "How did you sleep anyway?"

"Like a dream funnily enough." He grins, holding the elevator door open for me. "How about you?"

Truthfully? The best I've slept in a long time, "yeah not bad." I lie, as we make our way into the carpark and toward Oscar who is already waiting in the car.

"G'day!" He grins cheekily as we climb into the car.

We get to the track a small time later and the boys head off for their meetings before FP3. I wonder off into the canteen to get myself some breakfast, I'm absolutely ravenous with hunger.

I take a seat at the table and scroll on my phone for a while, nibbling at my toast when my vision is obscured my a shadow in front of me.

"My drivers room, twenty minutes." Lando demands, a cheeky expression on his face.

I just nod in agreement, not really knowing how to respond as he disappears off. I scroll on my phone a little more, polishing off my breakfast until I check the time and make my way over to his drivers room.

I knock quietly and wait a couple of seconds until the door flings open and Lando gestures for me to come inside. "What's with the secrecy Norris?"

"Go on a date with me." He blurts out.

He didn't just say that, "Sorry, what?"

"Just one. It's clear there's something between us, so why not act on it?" He grins, inching closer to me.

"Lando you know I don't date co-workers." I groan.

"Says the girl who nearly kissed me yesterday." He chuckles slightly, "Don't think I've forgot about that."

"Oh shut up Lando!" I squeal, feeling my cheeks burn red.

"This is me asking you to take a chance Valentina. Like you said, how are we ever going to know if we don't at least try." He pleads, his eyes full of hope.

I think for a moment, biting my lip slightly, "Fine. One condition. You get pole. I'll go on a date with you." I grin, trying to conceal my laughter.

"Consider it done." Lando smiles, ruffling his hair as he leaves his room.

What have I gotten myself into?

FP3 comes and goes, Lando once again placing 2nd and Oscar dipping down to 4th. Now everything rests on quali.

I would be lying if I said my heart wasn't in my mouth through the entirety of Q3, Oscar is holding a steady 4th position with Charles and Lando battling it out for pole.

There's a minute left on the clock and Lando is still yet to complete his final lap. He's currently 0.4 seconds behind Leclerc.

I'm on the edge of my seat when he crosses the finish line, looking at the leaderboard to see if he managed to do it. It finally refreshes and I can't believe my eyes.

Lando on pole.

He did it.

Oh shit.