Eight

Charles grabs me by the hand once more as we head over in the direction of my teammates.

"Hey guys, sorry I stole Valentina." He chuckles, flashing me a cheeky wink. "She's all yours now!"

"Hey man, how are you?" Oscar greets cheerfully.

Charles takes a sip of his drink, "Not bad, not bad. And yourself?"

"Yeah all good!" Oscar smiles.

"You ok mate? You seem a bit out of it." Charles asks Lando who is staring off into space.

"Yeah, fine mate. Just been a long day is all!" He replies, a sense of annoyance in his voice.

The four of us stand in awkward silence for a while, sipping on our drinks and listening to Danny's extremely poor rendition of a One Direction song.

"So, what do you think?" Charles asks me, gesturing to the stage, "for old times sakes?"

"Go on then!" I giggle, rolling my eyes at him dramatically.

"Didn't know you sang Charles." Lando states bluntly.

What is up with him?

"I dabble, Vee gave me a few lessons last year. She's a great singer." Charles grins, grabbing my waist with one hand and squeezing me slightly.

Lando looks at us and his eyes burn into me, "Yeah, I know."

Charles guides me away toward the stage and hands me the guitar the venue has. It's not as good as mine but it'll do the job. "What do you want to sing?"

"I'm not sure." I smile softly, tuning the guitar and slipping the strap across my body.

"I've got an idea." He winks as we both enter the stage, passing Danny who's finally finished his tirade of bad boyband covers.

"Hey guys, how good was our boy Danny?!" Charles grins into the microphone, "me and Vee thought we would change it up a bit and sing a song we wrote at my apartment in Monaco, during summer break last year. Hope you all enjoy it!"

Charles looks over at me and smiles widely, "you good to go?"

Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran

I can't help but admire Charles whilst he sings, he possesses such talent without realising it, and he sings with such passion. His eyes are fixated on mine too, that same sparkle he had from the first day we met.

In another life we would be soulmates. But not this one.

I briefly look towards the crowd, and spy Oscar singing along to the words he knows, Lando on the other hand looks defeated, angry possibly.

We end the song and Charles grabs my cheeks and places a large peck on my forehead before pulling me in for a long hug.

When I look back up, Lando is gone.

How odd.

I head off the stage and make a B-Line for Oscar, "where's Lando?" I ask in a worried tone.

"He said he was going out to get some fresh air I think." Oscar replies, "he doesn't seem himself will you go check up on him?"

I head out of the fire doors and onto the patio area, when I spy him leant against the brick wall.

"Hey, you ok?" I ask making my way over.

"Yeah fine." He replies, not looking up from his phone.

"You don't look it." I mutter, moving closer until I'm lent next to him.

"I'm just tired Valentina. That's all." He sighs, still refusing to look at me.

"Well I'll leave you be then. See you later." I mumble, making my way back inside.

"Valentina?" He cries out.

"What's up?" I ask, stopping and turning to face him once more.

"You should give Charles a chance you know, I've seen the way he looks at you. I think that you're made for each other." He mumbles, looking up at me for a brief second.

"So everyone says!" I chuckle, "thanks for the advice but I don't date co-workers. I kind of make it a rule."

"Oh. Does he know that?" Lando sighs, I can tell there's something else bothering him.

"Yes, he does. He always says we'd be soul mates in a different life." I chuckle weakly, making my way back over to my teammate.

"He's right." Lando whispers, frowning slightly.

"Meh, I don't see it." I shrug, placing my hands in the pocket of my hoodie.

"How so?" He turns and asks intrigued, those blue eyes gazing into mine.

"I'm not very good at the whole relationship thing. It's never worked out well for me." I groan, scoffing slightly.

"Yeah. Me neither." He chuckles weakly, offering a small smile.

"Any girl would be lucky to have you." I mutter, not realising what I've said until the words fell out.

I do know how to put my foot in it don't I?

"But I don't just want any girl Valentina." Lando sighs, making eye contact with me once more. He looks upset.

"Oh... so there is a girl?" I tease, bumping my shoulder against his playfully.

"Yeah. But it would never work out." He groans, nestling his head on my shoulder.

"Why not? It's not my best friend is it? Because if so you may have to fight my brother!" I let out a small chuckle as Lando wraps his arm around my waist for warmth.

"No, it's not. And because I've not known her very long, she's way out of my league, she isn't looking for a relationship. I mean I don't even think she likes me." He mumbles, I don't like seeing him like this. But I can't help but feel my heart ache slightly over the pining of this mystery woman.

"Just ask her on a date. Worst she can do is say no, and then at least you'll know instead of spending your life wondering." I propose, who knew I was so good at giving people advice?

Even if I secretly wish it was me in that girls position.

Lando sighs, "See that's the thing. There's no point asking. I already know she'd say no."

"Why's that?" I ask intrigued.

"She doesn't date co-workers. She sort of makes it a rule." He whispers lifting his head to look at me with those piercing eyes.

"Oh." I mutter.