Twelve

Lando arrives back at the garage, grinning from ear to ear and makes a B-Line toward me, picking me up and spinning me around. "You owe me a date!"

"Urgh fine!" I snigger as he puts me down and strokes my cheek softly.

"Fly back to Monaco with me." He whispers, still grinning.

"What?!" I exclaim, not quite believing what just came out of his mouth.

"If I'm going to take you on a date, I want to do it properly. Come to Monaco with me." Lando pleads, his eyes full of hope.

"I'll think about it." I giggle, biting my lip slightly.

"You better! I have to go and do media stuff. Meet me at the hotel lobby at 8?" He asks, ruffling his hair slightly.

I raise my brow slightly, curious as to what he has planned. "Why?"

"I just got pole baby, we're celebrating!" He chuckles, before disappearing out of the garage.

I arrive back at my hotel room around 6pm and jump straight into the shower to refresh myself for tonight.

I hope we're not going clubbing. God I hate clubbing.

I'm halfway through drying my hair when there's a knock at my door, I jump up and answer it to scream in surprise when I see who's stood there.

"Claudia!!! You made it!!" I squeal, pulling my best friend into my hotel room.

"Of course I made it!" She giggles, "got here this afternoon."

"How did you know this is where I was staying?" I ask confused, sitting back at my desk.

Claudia pauses for a second, "Lando told Gio."

"Lando knew about this?" I exclaim, shocked that he would hide it from me.

"Of course he did! Anyway babe, what's the deal with you two? I heard from a little bird you slept in the same bed last night." She giggles, raising her brow in curiosity.

Oscar. Of course.

I shake my head slightly, not denying the claims, "I'll kill him! And we're going on a date, he wants me to go to Monaco with him after this weekend."

"And are you going?!" She squeals in excitement.

I pause for a second, deliberating my decision. "I'm thinking about it..."

Claudia's grin grows wider, "You have to go Vee!"

"Are you coming out with us tonight?" I ask, finishing drying my hair.

My best friend giggles, "When have I ever missed a party?"

We spend the next hour and a half getting ready for wherever we're going. Claudia helping me with my hair and makeup.

I look in the mirror and I'm shocked with how good I look, that woman seriously is a marvel.

She even picks me out an outfit to wear, and to be truthful, I've never felt more beautiful. She certainly does have an eye for fashion.

We glance at the time and realise it's 5 to 8, so we gather our things and head down to the hotel lobby to meet everyone

I spot my brother chatting to Oscar and make my way over to the pair, "hello Giovanni!" I smile, kissing him on the cheek.

"Hello dear sister, you look beautiful!" He grins before focusing his attention on my best friend.

"Hey Osc! You look lovely!" I grin, messing his hair up slightly.

"You look... Amazing." He smiles, blushing at me slightly.

"Close your mouth pastry boy, your gawking." I tease, pulling him in for a hug.

"Who are you and what have you done with Valentina?!" He exclaims in shock, but embracing the hug nonetheless.

"Hi guys, where's Valena?" I hear a familiar voice call out behind me.

Velena. That's new.

I turn around and grin at the McLaren driver, wearing a cream button down shirt and baggy beige cargos. "Oh so we're doing nicknames now?" I tease. "Must of missed that memo."

"Wow." He mutters as I see the crimson rising to his cheeks as he pulls me in for a hug.

"You do realise you said that out loud right?" I giggle, nestling my head into his chest.

"Oh shut up!" He whines, chuckling nervously.

I break out contact and smooth out the creases in my outfit. "So where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there!" Lando teases, as we all head out to the taxis waiting outside.

We arrive at a bar around an hour or so later and head inside.

It's a pretty chill place thank the lord, no loud booming music or obnoxious strobe lighting.

"There's a band playing soon." Lando smiles as he gestures to the stage. "They're meant to be really good."

He orders me a beer and gets a non alcoholic one for himself as we all head to a free table.

The lights dim as the band enters the stage and my heart skips a beat when I see the lead singer.

It's Flynn.

Fuck.

I look over and my brother and best friend who look back at me with shock in their eyes.

"Has he noticed you?" Gio asks concerned, making his way over to me.

I shake my head, "no at least I don't think so."

"We can leave if you want." Gio whispers, grabbing my arm.

"No it's ok. I'll be ok." I whisper back. "Had to see him at some point or another didn't I?"

Flynn's band play the first song and he still hasn't noticed me, that's until I feel his eyes burn into mine. 

Not here. Not now. This isn't happening.

"Are you okay?" Lando whispers, "you seem on edge."

"Yeah, fine." I lie, "I know the lead singer is all. Just shocked he's here." I force a smile at the F1 driver just as Flynn makes his way off the stage and heads straight toward me, grabbing my hand and forcing me to stand up.

He's grinning from ear to ear.

Lando looks at me in utter shock, "guess he's shocked to see you too."

I'm too stunned that I go with him, my brain running on autopilot as he guides me on stage and I get handed a microphone.

But my heart drops when I hear the first few chords of the song. 

The End of the World - Rob Dickinson

I didn't know what else to do so I did what he wanted, and sang. I look to the audience and spot my brother and best friend, shaking my head at them slightly.

I look over at Lando who is still stunned, but he seems happy, proud almost.

If only he knew the truth.