Two

Lando and I walk through the MTC reception and head out of the building into the cold winter air. I clutch my arms around my torso shivering slightly from the wind chill.

I should have brought a coat. At least the rain is holding off.

It's not a long walk to Lando's Range Rover and a couple of minutes later we all get in, Oscar and Lando in the front seats and me sat in the back.

Oscar always did like to be a passenger princess.

Lando turns on the radio and begins the short drive to the restaurant, it's relatively quiet for a few minutes, both Oscar and I scrolling on our phones, until my favourite Aussie breaks the silence.

He turns dramatically towards the back seats, startling me slightly at his urgency. "Oh I forgot to ask, how's your music coming along?"

"Meh, I don't really have time for it anymore. It is what it is." I shrug, acting unbothered by the situation.

I mean, I secretly am, and Oscar knows it. But what's the harm in lying a little?

"That's a shame." Oscar pouts, clearly seeing through my rouse. He pauses, thinking for a second, "Hey, does the Camden Eye still do that open mic night on a Tuesday?"

Intrigued by his question I lock my phone and place it on my lap, "I think so. How do you remember that place? I literally took you there one time."

He smirks back at me, turning a very light hue of pink. "It was a very eventful night, how could I forget?"

"Why, what did you do?" Lando chuckles, glancing at his teammate suspiciously.

"Why do you automatically assume it was me who did something?" Oscar tries to defend, his face scrunched tightly together.

"You have a bit of a track record mate." Lando grins, winding up the Aussie driver even more, before focusing back on the road.

I chuckle slightly at the memory of that night.

Oscar got on that stage with every intention of having a good time. How wrong he was. "You were awful! You sounded like a dying cat, whatever made you think it was a good idea?!"

"I had too much to drink okay?! I thought I was the new Bon Jovi!" He tries to justify himself, but it doesn't make it any less funny for me, or any less mortifying for him.

I try to compose myself, but the memories come flooding back once more, and I can't help but burst into laughter. "You got booed off stage!"

"Wait... You got booed off stage?" Lando repeats, swinging his head round trying to conceal his growing smile.

Oscar throws his arms into the air in defeat. "Yes, I got booed off stage. Someone even threw their sandwich at me. A sandwich!"

"Oh no, not a sandwich!" Lando bursts into laughter, unable to compose himself any longer. "Mate your singing sounds like polystyrene rubbing together. It's honestly atrocious."

"Yeah, like you're much better. I've heard you in the drivers room. It's awful." Oscar turns his head toward me, flashing me a mischievous grin. "Hey, Vee did you know Lando here is a huge Taylor Swift fan?"

I chuckle slightly at the thought of Lando singing Dear John at the top of his lungs. "Lando's a swifty, that's... interesting..."

Oscar snaps me out of my daydreaming however, looking at me expectantly. "So what do you say, shall we go?"

I debate it in my mind for a minute, it would be nice to get back on the stage again. "One condition, you are not getting on that stage again Oscar. I have a reputation to uphold. No pun intended."