Chapter 20: Today, we are learning.

"All right, since we've gotten an addition to the daycare, we thought that we could teach you a thing or two. How does that sound to ya?" (Y/N) questioned as some of the children groaned at the thought of learning while some are excited to finally learn something. Toby speaks up, "What are we learning today?" (Y/N) then discusses with Aida as they both whisper before they finally decide one thing. "Art class."

Aida excitedly goes and grabs her art supplies for the children, "I've been waiting for this day my whole life!- well, ish. BUT STILL!" She placed them on the table. There are safety scissors, pencils, crayons, watercolours, markers, you name it. "Sorry, I'm crazy for art supplies, whenever I see it, I want it and then I buy it," Aida mentioned to (Y/N). They nodded, "Yup, I know how that feels. Because I do too."

They are allowed to create an art piece. Anything that they draw will be pinned on the board. As the caretakers gave out the art supplies to the children, they all then began to draw whatever their imagination was.

(Y/N) walks around checking each of the children's art. You see that Jeff is drawing about stabbing people, "Heh, classic Jeff." You thought to yourself not wanting him to hear it. You continue and walk around to see, that Ben's drawing is about video games and Herobrine while Toby draws himself as a hero with big muscles. (Y/N) smiled at the drawings while Aida checked on the others. She sees Jane drawing Jeff on a wheel as he seems to be chained to it while Jane is throwing some knives at him, "Man, you sure hate Jeff huh, Jane?" Jane nodded, "A lot." She replied as she coloured in her drawing.

Aida walks around and sees Zalgo's artwork, it's a family portrait of him and (Y/N), "That's adorable, Zalgo. You love (Y/N) that much huh?" He nodded, "Yes! And I will protect them with my whole life!" He continued drawing as he wanted to give it as a gift to (Y/N). Aida smiled as she went on to check on (Y/N). "How are the others? What did they draw?" (Y/N) chuckled, "Jeff's drawing is about stabbing people, you know, the usual. Ben is drawing about video games with Herobrine and Tobe-ster there is drawing a self-portrait on how he sees himself, built like a brick." Aida chuckled, "He is a strong goofy boy." (Y/N) nodded, agreeing with Aida.

They both continue checking on each of the children's artwork. Itsy is drawing about him catching a bug in his web, well, people. EJ is drawing kidneys as he shows them to the caretakers, demanding to get them now, making both (Y/N) and Aida chuckle nervously. "We should get more fresh kidneys for the boy." Aida stated, "Mhm, I agree." (Y/N) replied as they both were speaking softly to each other.

Zalgo tugs at (Y/N)'s pants as he gives them the drawing he made with a wide smile. "That's for you, (Y/N). You're amazing and simply the best!" He giggled. Your heart melted at this. "Aww, thanks, buddy. I love it a lot. It's um, a drawing of us?" Zalgo nodded, "Yup! We're family now." (Y/N) teared up a little at Zalgo's words. "Family...I like the sound of that."

As the moment seemed to be cheerful and wholesome on the found family trope side, Aida decided to add to it, "Did Vin Diesel come by or something because I kept hearing the word family?-" (Y/N) giggled as Zalgo pouts, "Why must you ruin the wholesome moment with your lame jokes?" Aida answered with a smug grin, "Yes Ai-do know that I did and because I ca-...did you just call my jokes lame?" Zalgo nodded, "Yes." Aida immediately went to the corner and pouts like a child.

"I thought you're both adults in this situation?" Zalgo questioned as (Y/N) shrugged, "Guess we're not." The sound of Aida whining in the corner can be heard as a letter goes through the gap under the door. Slender sees the letter and picks it up, handing it over to Aida. Aida takes it and thanks Slender before she reads the thing that was written on the letter cover. It says, 'Open once everyone is gone.' Aida shrugs it off as she puts it by her side, continuing to be a baby.

(Y/N) takes the letter for her instead, placing it on the counter. You take a look at the letter and curiosity gets the best of you as you slowly open the letter as quietly as you can. You pretend to check the name list of the children. Curious, (Y/N) checks where the letter is from. They know that they shouldn't be doing this but this letter...something feels off about it.

(Y/N) took a picture of the letter while no one was looking and kept their phone back in their pants pocket as they went back to their usual duty, after adding the new kid's names to the list before they put it back on the counter. You made sure the letter was as it was, unopened. You took a glue stick and pasted the envelope back, putting it under the clipboard.

After the day has ended, Aida, Jeff and Slender bid their goodbyes to (Y/N) and Zalgo who eventually got back home safely. Once everyone had left, leaving Jeff and Slender who is staying with you, you decided to take the letter and begin reading it. She noticed that the letter seemed to be opened and re-glued back. "Did (Y/N) read this behind my back? I hope not." She questioned internally before inspecting the letter and where it was from. The letter says, "Beware of your surroundings. Don't trust anyone, even yourself." Aida scratched her head, confused by what the person who wrote the letter even thinking, "The fuck?"

[Y/N]'s POV

I finally got home I plopped on the bed as I lay down. I sighed as I got bored, but then remembered the picture that I had taken of the letter sent by an unknown. I checked it and read the content of the letter. "Hm? Trust no one including myself? This feels like a prank." You're thinking of doing a private investigation about the letter and who sent it.

-----
A/N:
Can you tell that I ran out of ideas? Because no, I have not...yet. The points have been written down in future chapters. Stay tuned, sorry for updating so dang slow.