the rhodes not taken.

Invitationals were soon— and Sanique secretly hoped the Glee Club's bus would crash or something. She sincerely hoped she would fall ill on that very day, so she wouldn't have to perform and still get her monthly payments from Mr. Shue.

Although, at the moment, she actually didn't mind "bada"-ing in the background because Quinn had a really soothing voice. But, just as the beat drops, she holds a hand over her mouth and runs out of the room. Morning sickness.

"I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito," Finn blatantly lies. He was so stupid sometimes.

"I'll go after her." Sanique shares.

Jogging out after the blonde, she finds her puking her guts out in the handicap stall, hair falling out of her ponytail. Sanique begins to redo it as the other girl continued to vomit.

Finally finished, Quinn leans back onto the bathroom wall, exasperated.

"You came to help me." She whispers as the toilet flushes.

"Might as well," The curly haired girl shrugs. She hands her a pack of tictacs. "Here. For your barf breath."

"Thank you," She smiles as she pops a few into her mouth. "Do you.. think they suspect anything?"

"The Glee Club may be the most oblivious group of people I've ever met. They believed Finn's lie about you eating a bad burrito." Sanique assures.

They silently laugh together with equally large grins. "He's such an idiot." The blonde admits.

"He's sweet. It makes his stupidity charming," Sanique then makes a bold statement. She needed complete confirmation. "Good thing he's the father and not someone like.. Puck, for example." She regretted it as soon as she said it. Why is she playing mind games?

Quinn's eyes widen but she keeps her composure, "..Yeah. Thank God." The brunette notices her slight discomfort in hearing his name.

"Let's go back to the choir room. I'm sure you don't want them to assume more than they already do."

***

"Maj! Where you at!" Sanique yells out as she enters her house, "I got another email from your school—"

"Nini, it's okay. I handled it with him." The comforting voice of her household's matriarch sounded throughout the home.

"Mama.. you're home early. And you're cooking." Sanique says skeptically.

"Well, I figured I should spend more time with my loved ones," Gabrielle explains. "Semaj! Come and eat!"

"Do you mind setting the table for me, honey?" She asks.

"Yeah, of course mama."

Sanique lights some scented candles, put down plastic plates and picks up every envelope on the table to place them on the counter. One in particular catches her eye: one holding what seemed to be handwritten note, "Hey mama, who's this note from?"

"Don't know. Probably for the previous tenants. Leave it under the mat sweetheart."

The girl secretly pockets it as her brother rushed down the staircase and plops into his wooden chair expecting food.

"Jerk's ready. Don't take a bite," Their mom advises. "We'll say grace first."

With joined hands and shut eyes, Gabrielle begins to pray, "Lord, thank You for putting food on our table today. I pray for You to bless my babies, with healthy and fulfilled lives. I want them to appreciate the priceless gift You have given them. In Jesus name, Amen."