wheels.

Sanique stretches her limbs as she walks through the McKinley gymnasium doors with a bag in hand. En route to the locker room, the brunette notices Finn Hudson narrowly avoiding the practicing Cheerio's pompoms to climb onto the bleachers. She spots Quinn Fabray sitting high up, watching as he makes his way to her.

Sanique gets bits of their conversation as she hides next to the bleachers. She retains the focal points— 685$, sonogram, doctor's visits, job, pea brain.

She hears footsteps, remaining out of sight as Quinn storms by her, heading out of the gym and into the corridor. Finn sits still with a dopey look, staring off into space.

She steps onto the bleachers, knocking him out of his trance as his eyes dart to the curly headed girl. She sits down in Quinn's former spot.

"If you want, Lima Munch House is hiring. My coworker just got fired for stealing from the cash register." She says, watching the practice and giving a thumbs up to Santana and Brittany.

"That coworker is Puck, right?"

"..Yeah," She admits before moving her eyes from the cheer number to him. "You're a good guy, Finn. We all see you're trying your best."

"Thanks," The tall boy says with a goofy half smile. "You're not so bad yourself."

"Thank you." She replies, invoking a moment of silence before Finn speaks up again, "Quinn and I really appreciate what you're doing for her."

"It's really nothing—"

"No, it is something. She like, lights up when she hears your name." He interrupts, smiling widely as he speaks. Sanique chuckles in response.

"Mediocre. Hit the showers." Miss Sylvester yells out, effectively ending the Cheerios routine along with Sanique and Finn's little conversation.

She checks her watch briefly, realizing she needs to go, "It was nice talking to you, Finn."

"Yeah.. for sure." He trails off, seeming lost in thought again. She puts her hand on his shoulder to leverage herself before walking down the bleachers and into the locker room.

***

Sanique's shaking her piggy bank in her room for money she can use to benefit Quinn and Finn. A few coins fall out, and the corner of a hundred dollar bill pokes through the slot. She rips it out, flattening and pocketing it.

"I could've sworn I had at least 700.." She tells herself as she opens the top and searches for more money with her hand, finding four more hundred dollar bills, but still missing 200$.

She begins to scan through her history of wallets for some extra cash when her little brother comes in by slamming the door open.

"Don't slam doors. The landlord doesn't like hole in the walls." She scolds, preoccupied.

"I have a crush." He states simply, making her abandon whatever she was doing and flop on the bed next to him.

She squeals, ruffling his hair, "Who's the lucky lady?"

"Poppy— a girl in my class," He responds giddily. "She's pretty, and smart.. kind."