vitamin d.

The Glee Club was grouped up in the choir room as they lazily followed Mr Schue's choreography. After they had learned they were going against deaf people and juveniles, nobody really put any effort into rehearsing for sectionals.

"Five, six, seven, eight. Step, turn, out, in, ball-change, step ball-change step. You, you, you, you. And ba-ba-ba. turn..."

Schue stops when he gets fed up with the club's sluggishness. "Come on, guys, you're sleepwalking on me here. Give me some energy. We've got sectionals in two-"

"Please, sectionals is gonna be a breeze." Mercedes interrupts nonchalantly.

"Maybe so." Will starts, looking across the choir room, "But if we coast through sectionals, we're gonna get killed at regionals. We have got to be on our game."

Kurt laughs, receiving a disapproving look from his teacher. "Sorry. Funny Youtube. It's the grape stomping one."

Schue sighs as the bell rings. "Glee Club dismissed. Bye guys." He ends, clearly having some internal conflict in his head.

***

Santana and Sanique end up on the swings at their neighbourhood's local park as the sun set and the streetlights blinked to life. The former would never admit it, but chatting about nonsense with her best friend while the swings creak beneath them is really the highlight of her Tuesdays.

On the other hand, Sanique listens intently as she tries to tone down her nervousness. She was going to tell her about her deal with Puck before it happened in order to not screw her over and face the wrath of Auntie Snixx or whatever she calls her alter ego.

"Santana." She says quickly.

"She speaks!" Santana calls out, faking amazement at the girl finally uttering a word.

"Um, so Puck asked me if I could like, kiss him at the game Thursday—"

"The fuck? Why would he ask you that?" The Latina asks angrily.

Now, Sanique knows if Santana knew it was to make Quinn jealous, she would jump to conclusions and curse the baby out of her.

"To make you jealous, obviously." The brunette awkwardly lies. Santana looks at her skeptically, "And you accepted this deal?"

"Yeah.." Sanique's pupils move down to the sand below her.

"Oh my God why are you such a dumb bitch."

"I didn't wanna hurt you— that's why I'm telling you now. It's just.." she starts warily, "You know what they think of me at this school. If I show them that I can like boys too, maybe they'll like me more.. I don't know."

The Latina hates how she feels sympathy for the girl who's going to be kissing her non-exclusive boyfriend, but then again the girl is her best friend, so she (reluctantly) walks up to her and hugs her.

"Aw, Santana you're so cu—"

Santana harshly pushes her off the swing set.

"And that's what you get for planning to kiss my man." She tells her, grinning evilly, "See you Thursday Qui-Qui. I'll make sure to put on my best envy face."

***

"Competition." Mr Schue addresses as he pins a picture to a board. "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better."

"I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool." Kurt confusedly shares.

"Just go with it. You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through sectionals. Okay, split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side."