Who Is She?

_-_-_-_-_

????? POV

"Ugh, it's about time it worked... again..."

It was unknown what had occurred here. Before Akemi had passed out, she was hanging by a thread, her sanity tied in loose knots around her neck. Now, she was stood up, stretching, and preparing to leave wherever she currently was.

Akemi's mind was clear, as if something fundamental had gone. She stared at the room with cold eyes, her gaze taking in everything. It was an old, broken-down shack with a few medical supplies and such. If she looked out the window, she could see a bunch of soldiers running around in this appalling weather.

Looking to the left, then right. She sighs, closing her eyes as she falls into a deep thought.

'Inazumas in the middle of a civil war. My vision was stolen, after fighting the electro Archon again... Now I'm at one of the camps for the resistance fighters. What a useless girl.' She opens her eyes and takes a moment to admire herself in the reflection of the window. 'Oh well, I warned her things wouldn't go her way.'

Without any further commentary, Akemi leaves the small building, now greeted with non-stop rain. First thing she noticed, was that there were already a smaller number of guards compared to earlier when she looked out of the window previously.

She raises an eyebrow at this, watching as the remaining guards, not including the injured ones, were seen picking out weapons and seemingly preparing for battle.

'Preparation for battle...' She pondered over this for a few seconds. Though, she was interrupted by someone calling out to her.

"You, kid!"

"Huh?" Akemi faced the right to see a man in samurai uniform, quickly approaching her. When she was going to ask what the problem was, she was instead surprised when she was grab by the shoulders and almost ushered back into the small building.

Akemi didn't take kindly to the guard's response, planting her heel onto the ground and refusing to move. She glared at him stubbornly, her eyebrows furrowed in anger. "What do you think you're doing?" she asked, her voice sharp and threatening.

The guard was taken aback by the sudden confrontational tone, but quickly shifted into a more determined and gentle expression. "It's better for you to stay in there," he replied, his demeanor softening. Akemi didn't say anything, seeming lost in thought.

Akemi stares at him, eyes narrowing in suspicion. Her frown deepens, until a voice catches her attention. A male voice is yelling from somewhere nearby. "Hey! Careful!" A man rushes over, his expression more than a little frantic. "She probably doesn't remember anything, remember?!" he says, looking at Akemi with a mix of worry and concern.

The pyro user watched the two men talking and wondered what could have happened to cause this much conflict. She thought about her current options, and which route to take.

'I'll just ask, they look dumb enough to tell me,' Akemi snorted to herself, her expression still impassive but her eyes brightened with a small amount of amusement. Turning to the guard who was ushering her away she glanced up at him and asked, "Mister, what's going on?"

The man sighed as he looked at his friend. Before he could reply, the other man had already hurriedly walked away, leaving him with the teen who seemed to have lost her memories.
"Just explain it to her- I have to go." He says from a distance.

The samurai could only groan, imagining what this would mean for her. He had a feeling that it was probably going to be a difficult task, even with his years of training and experience as a soldier.