Her Shadow

_-_-_-_-_

The clouds of smoke filling this hide out slowly dissipates as I used a spell to slowly nullify its effects. Looking over to the passed out traveler on the ground, it came to my attention that the child with him had also fainted. Why was that? 

Perhaps she was so scared she could handle being in a conscious state no longer...

Oh well.

I adjust my clothing straightening it out turning my attention to a beautiful pink haired lady in traditional Inazuma clothing. She seemed to be focused on the limp idiots on the floor, which makes sense seeing as she did save them from that guy who now calls himself Scaramouche.

I suppose it was a good thing she arrived, as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to assist in such a situation. Not because I'm not strong enough, I'm sure I'd easily win. However, drawing my blade against him isn't something I could do.

The silence between us was soon broken when the pink lady began talking to me.

"Akemi, was it?" She asked. Since she already knew the name, I assumed that she has already encountered this body before. When? I'm not sure, but the way she stared at me made me uneased.

I cross my arms, looking at her with a hint of suspicion.

The woman hums in amusement as her gaze lingered on the me. "Nothing really, though I'm sure you'd be kind enough to do me a small little favor, no?" She asked, motioning to the passed-out traveler next to her.

In other words, this was her way of asking me to carry them since she's clearly so physically weak that she can't do such a simple thing. So lazy...

I glared at the shrine maiden, scoffing as I approached Aether. I quickly bent down before throwing him over my shoulder. Then I picked up Paimon and carried her under my arm

"Where do I take him?"

Seeing how willing the I was, the lady sighs in fondness. "Ah, good" She starts walking out of the fatui hideout. "This way young one."

"I am much older than you." I retorted.

Miko smiles, though her eyes slightly narrowed at the comment. "Let's not fret over insignificant, things." Glancing over to me, she frowns. "Tell me, who exactly are you? When I heard the rumors of a blond haired, Traveller with a black-haired mage and a flying companion, I didn't expect you to be so impertinent."

Wow, Okay rude. 

The mere asks of the question had me annoyed. "I am Akemi. You've got a problem with that?" I replied in a threatening tone.

"No, not at all. Let's get going, Saginomiya Kokomi should be arriving to handle the rest." She spoke. She then looked me up and down, as if coming to some kind of realization. "While they do that, I'd like you to assist me with a few things, you wouldn't mind, right?"

"Go ahead." I replied.

"Good." We made our way out of the hideout, and the lady starts leading me to some place. "Now then, seeing as I'm sensing a great amount of power from you, and hearing of you last visit to Inazuma. I think it's fair that I make you my new Anti-Shogun machine."

_-_-_-_-_

???? POV

A sigh of disappointment escapes my mouth. I was reading a book: a bad one though, so I soon closed it. It was such a useless source of entertainment; you could tell these people have no sense of creativity at all.