Does It Really Matter, Though?

Recently, I have started engaging in a peculiar activity.
When I have feelings of bitterness, or anger, or y'know, those feelings that make you want to either scream or punch something, or scream and punch something, I do a pushup, or I go for 5. No in between.
Mind you, I can barely do a pushup. So this requires all the effort I can put in.
Usually, one of two things happen:
I realize after the first pushup into the second, that the situation is really not worth the suffering and stress of putting myself through the pushups. Once I hit the five, you best believe, I am entirely over the situation.
On the other hand, I am fueled enough to do the five, and maybe more. In that case, I tell myself if something is going to take my peace, hell, I better get something out of it too.
Imma get ripped and stronger. A win is a win

I am not suggesting that you do the same, or you can. It's up to you. The point I am trying to make is, some actions, and feelings are just not worth it.
It's easy to lose sight of what we sacrifice to keep control over situations we have no business being in.
That person that hurt you willingly or otherwise, that customer at work, the weather getting in the way of your plans, or whatever. Someone injured your pride.
People have lost a lot over nothing, and even less. And for what?

You put yourself mentally, emotionally and maybe even physically through self inflicted stress and pain. And all that for what? Was it even ever your cross to carry?
Someone wronged you and you decide to wrong everyone else, including yourself. Are you happy now?
If drugs and alcohol fixed people, there will be no addicts.
But here we are.
Remember, All things begin from within.

We will all die anyway, so was it worth it? Does it even matter?
"Don't forget that everything you deal with is only one thing and nothing else" - Paulo Coehlo, The Alchemist

Tis 9:20am. I need to find food. And you should too. And water, lots of water.

Until next time, mon ami(e)