Waving At Airplanes 2

Fair warning, this chapter may not be as sentimental as the first. So lower your expectations in that department, yeah?

Like I had previously mentioned, my thoughts had drifted towards the fact that you can't see much from up there. The other thing I thought about, apart from the fact that I got to feel absolutely reduced to being small in the grand scheme of things, was my perspective.
I got this feeling that I will never have this point of view unless I was looking down from up here.

Sure, we are small and of no consequence to the universe. Sure, whether humanity exists or not doesn't change how the planets spin nor will it affect the death and birth of stars. But, our handiwork, for all our good and bad intentions, can be seen.
It's amazing that we, as unimportant as we are, have made all these things from a rock floating around small star.

Years of our existence has stood the test of time and we have work to show for it. We are very intelligent beings after all.

This begs the question; who then, is this all for?
Surely it is not for some people in airplanes to see as they pass by, or specifically for astronauts that we can't see look down at our little living planet.
All this, is for us. The good, the bad and the ugly.
A high vantage point isn't enough to enjoy the great works we have that are not necessarily material or of grand scale. The arts, the love, the passions and so much more cannot be experienced from up there. You must come down to taste it.

So while you feel small, and may not be of great consequence, you still count for something and everything. There is no one way to experience being a human, and for all we know, you may be the first human to live a certain way. After all, if there was a right and proper way to 'human', we would all be doing it.

In all what you do, I hope you take time to look back, look ahead and look above. Do it fiercely, with a burning and desperate passion. Not everything will elicit joy, unfortunately, and you may even hate it but I will be damned if you will not get it done. Sure, we are small, but we are here and that is enough.
And that is enough.

And that... is enough.

Till next time, mon ami(e)