Wanting Better

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

One of my favorite books ever, is 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. I have listened to the audiobook at least thrice, and will definitely do it again.
Coelho has quite a catalog, and I am embarrassed to say I have only read 2 of his books: 'The Alchemist' and 'Veronika Decides To Die'. Both are absolutely brilliant and thought-provoking.
Lately, I have been wondering why I find myself wanting to listen to ideas, written or spoken. Ideas from different walks of life, religions, and more. I'm talking stoicism, buddhism, taoism, listening to Alan Watts, essays from exurb1a, works from Daniella Sinder and so many more great minds.
The common theme I find in these, is the acknowledgment of humanity before all else.
Acknowledgment that we are all lost, some more than others and we are all figuring it out. Acknowledgment that we live in a big, perhaps uncaring universe with no particular purpose or importance in the grand scheme of things, but we are still here. And that counts for something.

The idea of manifesting, or speaking into existence is something you can find across religions and cultures. I find it fascinating.
I have come to like the idea that we are a part of the universe, and are the universe. All in flux, with nothing in permanence.
And if we were to go with this, this means for us to reach our goals, and different achievements, it will begin with us having faith in ourselves. Faith that we can, and we will.
After all, all things do come from within, yeah?

This isn't just a believe-in-yourself-ism. It's smaller, and more intimate than that. I want to believe it's about wanting better, not wanting more. Whatever that means to you.

Life is much like light; from outside, it's just one color, but is the perfect harmony of a spectrum of waves and colors, if you look closer.
I hope you look closer and see you can want better out of life, and even open your eyes to having faith you can have better in your own way.

Tis 12:50am, I am not even slightly sleepy. At least I have a late start for my day. I'll be okay, I hope. If I end up not sleeping, well.... I will fight that battle when it comes.

Until next time, mon ami(e)