Oneshot 10: 🎄When Christmas Comes to Town🎄

A/N: This request was from Calculoser so it got my imagination going wild on a run. Plus, I'm gonna say ahead of time that IT'S A THEORY. Idk if this theory was made before or not but THIS THEORY IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH GOOSEWORX AT ALL.

Also, my friend Calc is currently(going to publish soon???) a chapter (or OneShot) with this same prompt/song but with different concepts. So pls I appreciate it if you would give her a follow and show her love & support! 🩵

With that warning out of the way, do please enjoy & have a happy holiday!

TADC & their characters rightfully belong to Gooseworx.

Disclaimer: Family abuse, cussing & sad theme. (& Possible cringe)
___________________________________________

"From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas brings us closer to each other."

-Emily Matthews
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

There have been many moons and suns since I've been stuck in this digital world... Yet somehow, I was able to keep track of the days so well.

Almost too well that I even created calendar after calendar to keep track of the days, months and years... It was nice to occupy myself for a moment until I made too much progress on the numbers and years that I decided to stop myself before I go overboard on the paper.

That is...until I realized which date I had stopped on. The month that made my blood run cold...

December.

It dawned on me that it was nearly the end of December but...we...missed Christmas? Did time really fly by here that quick? Or did it not dawn on Caine that they don't celebrate Christmas here at all? Was it a rule here?

....does my family notice my absence when Christmas came and left.....?

I grabbed my calendar and immediately rushed out of my room, sprinting and panting as I rushed past Jax, who was just getting out of his room.

I ran past him, sending a breeze of wind at him. Jax looked over at me, raising an eyebrow.

One search for Caine later in his office

Caine: "Wait, you kept track of the dates and years?" He asked, holding my handmade calendar.

"Yes, I did. But please tell me...did we really have to miss Christmas like this? Just...occupy our minds with nothing but adventures and useless quests that will only end up with nothing but food rewards?" I asked, furrowing my brow, trying to interrogate Caine.

Caine: "Well...I uh...I do have to apologize for leading you all astray like this but I just don't want any of you to be bored or descend into madness, it just slipped my mind. That's all."

I gritted my teeth at his poor excuse. "You don't even have a brain to begin with."

Caine: "Now now, Y/N, there's no need to be a smart Alec with me. I am as intelligent and honest as I can be." He pointed out.

"Quit justifying yourself and just admit you forgot about that best holiday of the year!" I slammed on his desk, shouting angrily. "You are literally the Grinch of this world! Taking our misery and suffering for your entertainment and the audience as well!"