Oneshot 14: 🔮Cantarella ~Grace Edition~🗡️ (Male Reader x Jax)

A/N: Requested by midlightgarden (Apologies in advance if it's not how you imagine it to be but I tried. 😅)
I'm not going to lie, this is my first male reader with any fictional character ever. I was honestly struggling with a scenario with this one but then I just remembered THIS SONG which might fit for this request. With that aside, please enjoy!! 🩵

Disclaimer: Intoxicating love & stalking. (& Possible cringe)
___________________________________________

"My heart is so intoxicated with love that I have no wish to speak."
-Kabir

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third POV

It was another circus day like any other, if you count the constant chaotic situations from yours truly, Jax the asshole. But on this particular day, another vict-person arrived in the circus! What they didn't expect is how self-conscious Y/N was about his looks, mostly his face. So, Caine had offered to help by giving him a beautiful mask to conceal his virtual identity, which made him feel a bit better despite the situation he's got himself into.

However, during Y/N's time here in the circus, Jax tried numerous times to get Y/N to take his mask off but he always refused to do so. Even when Jax tried to sneak up on him, to see him without his mask of course, but somehow...Jax always finds Y/N with his mask on. Even when there's a saying that desperation is an unwelcoming bedfellow, Jax resulted in stalking Y/N until he sees him without his mask. Could Jax have possibly become obsessed with Y/N now? Perhaps he did...

As time went on, Y/N grew more comfortable with the chaotic and colorful atmosphere despite the feeling he got of being watched. But he considered that to be normal since he remembers certain parts of his life that he was the center of attention for good looks. That thought honestly scared him at first but ever since he talked to Ragatha about it, she reassured him that it's not a bad thing. In fact, it made him very attractive. (A/N: READER, YOU ARE ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL/HANDSOME! DON'T SAY THAT YOU'RE NOT! :D🩵)

Maybe this would explain Jax's intentional stalking to Y/N...

During Y/N's time here in the circus and the many adventures they've been in, he suddenly had this..."strange" feeling whenever he sees Jax talking or let alone pranking others as per usual. He wondered why Jax wouldn't bother Y/N, let alone do some jokes or pranks. But little did each of them know, they were each secretly stalking each other whenever one of them was busy or talking to the other members of the circus. It was blissful to Y/N and to Jax as well but that bliss soon cut short when Jax got caught by Caine snooping on Y/N.

Caine thought it most reasonable to have Jax to serve his punishment as a fast food worker for the other NPCs to serve, almost as if it was a mini-game itself. Y/N caught wind of the news about Jax's punishment but only lord knows the consequences of those actions of what could happen if he were to help Jax escape. Then again, he also remembered that there were many eyes watching from Caine himself, which still rendered creepy.

So, maybe he could insist on Caine about...hosting a fancy event. At first, Caine was skeptical about it but Y/N had to convince him about how it could be fun, letting the others wear fancy clothing and seeing a big fancy ballroom with a famous piano player NPC that will have no revelation for this chapter. Caine agreed with Y/N's idea and soon went to work...

Time Skip to one day before the fancy event

To Y/N, these days felt really fast because he just remembered almost at the very last second that he forgot to choose a fancy suit for this special event. Even with the mask, it didn't scream "fancy" at all. So, he decided to rummage in his closet, hoping to find something suitable or at least something decent for the occasion. Maybe...something that stands out to catch Jax's attention, to only have his eyes on him alone...