Chapter 4: New Guests

The screen fades to darkness, eliciting a wave of puzzled whispers throughout the theater.

Suddenly, the lights flicker back to life, cutting through the confusion.

"Has it ended?"

"Are we free to leave now?"

"Miss Mailin?" Jean's voice pierces the murmuring as she looks towards the rear of the auditorium.

"It's time for a brief intermission, everyone!" Mailin's voice rings out, clear and inviting. "Feel free to freshen up, grab a snack, or enjoy a drink." As if by magic, tables laden with refreshments materialize, and signs discreetly direct attendees towards the restrooms.

Initially hesitant, the crowd soon begins to stir, individuals stretching and meandering towards the offerings and amenities provided.

After a moment of respite, Mailin calls for attention once again, signaling the end of the break. The audience filters back, reclaiming their seats in anticipation.

"Now, before we continue, I'd like to introduce some new faces," Mailin announces, her voice teeming with excitement. A dazzling flash momentarily envelops the room, and when it dissipates, four girls stand confidently on the stage.

"Please extend a warm welcome to Kaiyo, Yuko, Terai, and Mei," Mailin introduces, having previously briefed them on the unfolding narrative. The girls offer shy waves to the audience, their presence marking the beginning of a new chapter in the evening's tale.

(A/n: If you have read my other Genshin book then you should know these four, if you haven't, here are some infos)

Name: Terai
Age: 16
Parents: Tighnari and Cyno
Species: desert fennec fox
Weapon: Sword
Vision: Dendro

Name: TeraiAge: 16Parents: Tighnari and CynoSpecies: desert fennec foxWeapon: SwordVision: Dendro

Name: Arataki Yuko
Age: 16
Parents: Arataki Itto and Gorou
Species: Oni / Shiba Inu
Weapon: Bow (just like her papa and Aunt Yoimiya)
Vision: Pyro