𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 2: 𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒞𝒶𝓅𝒾𝓉𝑜𝓁

Raven knows the chances of winning compared to other tributes is relatively low, but she refuses to go down without a fight

Raven knows the chances of winning compared to other tributes is relatively low, but she refuses to go down without a fight. She isn't weak, and she has been prepared for this by her mother and father. And yet, her heartstrings still tugged and the knot in her stomach continued to tighten. 

        "Raven-" She snapped out of her thoughts at the voice of her brother and immediately gets up to go into his arms. She can tell he has just wiped his tears away moments away from the redness and glossiness of his eyes. 

        "I'm so sorry," Raven chokes out. "I'm scared Robin, I don't want to die." She pulls back and looks up at him. "I know I expected this but that doesn't mean I want to die." 

        Robin clears his throat so he won't burst into tears mid sentence. "You won't. You're insanely talented with knives and you know basic self defense maneuvers. They train you in the Capitol. Take advantage of that." 

        "I'm 12, Robin. The youngest victor ever was 14, and he was a Career. What are the chances? I mean hey: At least I was right one last time before I die." 

        "You can do this. The chances are slim, but I'm confident," he states. Raven looks down but he lifts her chin softly. "Look at me, you're Raven. You're smart and resourceful. You can get sponsors and win. I know it."  

        She shakes her head, knowing he is just trying to gaslight himself. "C'mon Robin, be realistic here." 

        "I am! You aren't completely helpless." Robin practically cries out. Raven's frown gets replaced with a light chuckle, knowing she had some support. And now that she thinks about it, her response to the reaping questions from Oakley likely meant the Capitol was interested. "Win the Games. Do it for our parents whom they killed. It will be a slap to their face. If you ever doubt yourself in the arena, remember the origin of your name."  Robin can't say anything else because right at that moment, a peacekeeper comes in and harshly commands him to leave. "I love you!" He yells out as he is rushed out. 

         "I love you too-" but the doors slam before he can hear her finish the sentence.  

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·. 

"Opal Grace- your mentor, should be here any moment. When she comes, she'll need to collect some basic information from you two and her job is to help you out in anyway possible to win the games!" 

         Oakley is likely expecting the tributes to be excited at the notion of having a mentor help them out, but the two children were focusing their energy on eating the food in front of them. 

         When Oakley leaves, Ronan begins to strike a conversation. "Some people work their entire lives and still wouldn't be able to afford making this meal," he claims almost angrily. Raven understands his pain, but can't afford to even speak ill about the Capitol.  "Raven Celeste, right?" he asks out of nowhere. "Your parents were the ones who, you know-" he imitates a knife across his throat. Raven nods and suddenly she loses her appetite, remembering the blood of her parents. She can only pick at her food.