𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 12: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇

This is a concept completely unheard of in the Hunger Games: Two former alliances banding back together right at the end when the stakes are the highest. Raven hears every single word Sapphire utters to Misty, and has to catch herself from stumbling backwards from shock. There's no way she can take on two careers all on her own. Misty looks hesitantly between Sapphire's hand and Raven's big, concerned eyes. Raven prepares herself, holding a knife in her hand, impatiently waiting for the decision. She almost faints when Misty shakes her hand. 

        Opal stands up and moves closer to the screen, anxiety boiling her insides alive. Finnick and the District 2 mentors stand up as well. The District 2 mentors feel excited for the sure win of their tribute, whereas Finnick and Opal are worried about the demise of the twelve year old. 

        As if this is planned, Sapphire and Misty stand next to each other, weapon in hand. Misty, being more agile, is the one to begin climbing the cornucopia with her trident in hand. Raven acts quickly, moving to the opposite side in a hassle. She flexes her fingers in the appropriate position and aims it for her fingers. Misty screams in pain as they make contact, but manages to pull herself up through her bleeding fingers. She steadies herself, charging forward with her trident. 

        Raven takes a step back and ducks from the trident as it swings over her. It isn't over, as in her peripheral vision, she notices the gleam of a knife coming her way. She ducks, but the reaction isn't fast enough as it hits her waist. She groans in pain, as it begins bleeding profusely. Raven has no time to ponder over it as the next attack from her knife comes, taking a step back to avoid both Misty's trident and Sapphire's knife. She yelps as her foot gives away and she's sent to the ground. Her back makes contact with the sand, and the wind is knocked out of her. 

        She hears the quick footsteps of the two girls, getting up on her feet and hiding underneath the cornucopia. Her breathing is returning to normal, as she braces the knife in her hand. Ok... make a plan. You have 10 seconds. 

        Raven decides the best plan isn't to hide: But to attack. She pounces out, looking to her sides, seeing Misty and Sapphire both on opposite sides. Sapphire has the long distance weapon. Take her out first. She throws the knife at her simultaneously as she does the same. The two make a terrible clanging sound as they hit each other. Raven takes out the bigger knife from her belt from the beginning of the games, clanging it against her trident as it tries piercing her chest. 

        Her arm quivers under the weight of Misty, as she is only using one arm, holding a throwing knife in the other, her eyes looking at Sapphire. She is flat on the ground, and she is concealing the knife under her back. Sapphire slowly creeps up, hoping to kill her with a stab to the neck. Misty begins pressing her foot on Raven's stomach, causing more agony for the girl. Raven finds the perfect moment and flings the knife out, surprising Sapphire as it hits her ankle clean. Raven kicks Misty's knee with as much force as she can, finally breathing as she stumbles to get up. She runs in the opposite direction, trying to put as much space between her and the two careers. As fast as she is from the years of running, the two careers are just as fast. 

        Raven sends another knife, this time Misty's way. Misty uses her trident to devoid the attack, not seeing the other one finding it's way into her right shoulder. She curses to herself as she pulls it out, knowing it will affect her trident abilities. Raven feels more adrenaline pumped than she ever has before, with the threat of her dying painfully in the hands of Misty and Sapphire. Her nose meets the ground as Sapphire pushes her, and Raven tastes her own blood. She kicks and flails her elbows around, but Sapphire's grip is stronger. You did this with Opal... 

        She uses whatever strength she has left to roll herself on top ofSapphire on the ground, using her foot to kick her shin. Raven bounces up quickly, running once again. Misty catches the back of her shirt, but Raven is prepared, and jabs her elbow that ends up meeting the side of her neck. Raven turns around to the cowering Misty who is recovering from the jab, grabbing her by the shoulders and kneeing her stomach. She stumbles back even further, and Sapphire catches her. "Get over it," she angrily commands. 

        Raven is the one who jumps on Sapphire this time, kicking her shin and taking her by surprise. She drives her palm all the way through her nose, as Opal taught her. Her nose too begins to bleed, angering her. 

        "Let's finish this," Misty says. She takes out the trident, and slashes her rib with such a force that Raven can't predict her next move because of the pain. She rolls on her side when the next attack comes. Raven stumbles back onto her feet, struggling as her insides bleed onto the sand. She moves closer, stabbing the knife into her hand right at the moment a throwing knife enters her waist. 

        "Your flight ends here little birdie," Sapphire taunts and teases. Raven steps back, deciding if she should take the knife out because of the risk of bleeding out, while ignoring Sapphire's words. She decides to keep it in, looking up at the two victors, who are slowly approaching her, trying to avoid any sneaky moves from the clever girl. In the spur of the moment, Raven remembers her evaluation, the trick she played with hitting three targets with three knives at once. Why not show the Capitol her signature move? 

        Raven looks up spitefully at the two of them. "What are you talking about? I'm still soaring." Raven says, bringing the Capitol to a suspenseful moment. . She flicks out two of her best knives from her belt, twirling them between her fingers as she maneuvers Sapphire's knives. Another nicks her ribcage, another in her leg. She knows if she doesn't act quickly, she will die in vain, and all those kills will be for nothing. With the last of her fighting energy, she allows the adrenaline to push her backward, creating enough space between them. Raven makes the motion of throwing the knives, to which both Sapphire and Misty bend over to dodge, not knowing Raven still hasn't released the knives. Just as their heads begin flinging back up, Raven strategically releases the two knives with one of her hands, and they both end their mystical flight from the air and deep in their chests. 

        Misty immediately falls onto her stomach from all her injuries, driving the knife deeper into her chest. Sapphire falls on her knees, staring at the knife in disbelief. Raven wipes the blood on her face with her sleeve and takes huge steps towards both of them. She holds up their heads by their hair, and they both look at her in disbelief. Sapphire scoffs, before looking at her, remorseful. She tears up, as she remembers her sister. "Looks like you two broke a wing." Raven holds the knives in both their chests, digging it deeper, preparing to take it out before remembering the words Sapphire said to Ronan in his last moments. "Not for you," she mutters to herself. She pulls the knife out of Misty's chest as she falls limp on the ground and the cannon rings. Raven pushes Sapphire on the ground and enjoys the screams of pleading and crying as she keeps her hands in place by stabbing a knife through each of them, keeping her in place. "You may want to close your eyes," she mocks the words Sapphire says earlier. Her eyes widen in fear, knowing her fate. Raven begins tracing her face with the knife. "This won't be quick. Ronan's death wasn't. Why should yours be?" She pierces the knife in her cheek, dragging it across until her chin as she screams in pain. "Oh don't act so surprised! I'm the Raven of the Capitol, remember?" Sapphire screams and begs for a quick death. In between, she makes pleas for her sister, which she simply ignores. 

        She feels sick to her stomach, realizing she will not be able to give her the death she deserves. Sapphire has probably suffered enough. Ronan is watching from above, probably- knowing Raven truly cares about him, until the end. "Looks like your flight ends here, little birdie." Raven grabs the knife in her chest, and pulls it out, finally hearing the sweet sound of the cannon, just as life and soul leave Sapphire and Raven's eyes. 

        Ladies and gentlemen, I announce to you: The victor of the 66th Hunger Games! Cladius Templesmith's voice booms.