𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 9: 𝐼𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒦𝒾𝓁𝓁

The chirping of the birds wake her, and she slowly moves. She recounts the number of kills from yesterday: Twelve died in the bloodbath, one died from berries, and two died for reasons she isn't aware of, likely the career pack got to them. Her mouth is parched, and so she opens the bottle of water and takes a sip. She climbs down the tree, to test out her theory of the resources being poisonous in the morning. She plucks a leaf and drops it into the pond. Yup: There's the red smoke. 

        She decides to find new terrain today. She so desperately wants to find the oceans, knowing that if there are rocky coastlines, ravens are bound to be there. Raven walks around, knife in her hand, while munching on a small handful of blackberries for her breakfast. Whatever she finds during the day and plucks will be poisonous, but if she does it at night, they are seemingly safe. She still isn't sure if the same applies to animals, but thinks it would be too risky to find out. 

        "Fifteen tributes dead in twenty-four hours," Caesar says in shock. "That is slightly on the higher end of numbers. Twelve died in the bloodbath, another from the girl from district 7, one from the careers, and one from berries. So far, as we look on the charts-" he motions to the board behind him, "We can see that the tributes with the most fans and sponsors as of now are as follows: Josie from District 7, Raven from District 6 falling short by one sponsor,  Misty from District 4, Poseidon and District 4, and Sapphire Clause from District 1. If we take a look at Josie, she's doing great with her ax, hitting every tribute square in their head."  

        Cladius patiently waits for Caesar to finish his report. "Thank you, Caesar. Ladies and gentlemen, the remaining tributes are as followed: Bradley Chase and Sapphire Clause from District 1, Clay Stonehedge and Wisteria Jane from District 2, Poseidon Harbour and Misty Delta from District 4, Ronan Dawn and Raven Celeste from District 6 and Josie Mason from District 7. It seems as if all the powerful tributes are remaining. Capitol residents, remember once the next tribute falls, we will be seeing interviews with our tribute's family and friends!" 

        Caesar smiles, continuing off from where he left. "It appears as if Raven is making her way to the rocky coastlines, home of the ravens, quite fitting don't you think?" He tilts his head towards Cladius, he laughs. "The gamemakers seem to be pleased with this, considering her district partner is already there." 

         Raven's legs are sore from the hours of trekking, running and climbing from yesterday and today. But the moment she smells the salty breeze of the ocean and her feet hit the rock of the coastline, it all disappears. The splashes of the ocean hitting the rock underneath is soothing to her ears. She finds her mind drifting to Finnick and how lucky he is, enjoying this at home everyday. 

         "Raven?" She turns around, holding out her knife like a barbaric animal

         "Raven?" She turns around, holding out her knife like a barbaric animal. Her muscles tense until she realizes it's Ronan. He holds up his empty hands. "I don't have any weapons. Just a small backpack I managed to pick up with a water bottle, iodine drops, wire and some crackers." Raven so badly wants to trust Ronan, and while she does believe he will not hurt her, she remains cautious and tense. Her eyes widen when she sees Ronan take a bite of meat from a bone in his hand.