𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 22: 𝒩𝑜 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓈?

"The first thing you need to worry about is water," she teaches as she digs into the scrumptious Capitol food. "And make sure you eat. Trust me, it'll save you in the arena if you don't know what to eat," she informs. 

        At that last sentence, the pair of siblings grab more pancakes and fruit, practically inhaling it. Eve's eyes are slightly red and puffy from the nighttime of crying, and she is still slightly sniffling even now. "How do we know if water is safe?" Jonah asks. 

        Raven thinks carefully for a moment, remembering her games and games before her. "My game was a unique scenario. They won't do that again, I believe," she thinks out loud. "Your best bet? Purify the water and take small sips. If you feel fine, it's probably safe to drink. Most of the time, the water is safe to drink but it's used as a weapon in other ways." 

        Jonah makes a mental note to himself, thoughtfully humming to himself as he takes a bite of his pancakes. "Thank you," he says after a moment. 

        Raven then turns her head towards Eve. "And you," she almost accusingly says. Eve looks up from her plate and into Raven's piercing glare. "Stop crying every 10 seconds. You won't be scoring any sponsors that way, you will be an easy target for other tributes and the gamemakers may have extra fun making your life hell in the arena," she states. "Don't make my job harder for me than it already is." Raven sips her water, before finishing her little spiel. "You can be the most skilled swordsman in the world- but if you don't have public support you WILL lose." 

        Eve takes in a shuddering breath, and finally stops picking at her food. "I'm sorry," she quietly apologizes. 

        Raven nods, appreciating it. "It's alright. If you really can't find yourself able to control your emotions, you could just always pretend to be useless and be a beast in the arena," Raven realizes, but knows this isn't the best strategy if she wants sponsors. 

        "I'm not good at anything, that's the problem," she shyly mutters. "I barely know how to use an axe." 

        Raven turns her head at Jonah expectantly, waiting to see if he has any skills. "Same here," he sheepishly admits. "We never paid much attention to it." 

        Raven does her best to contain her anger, and exhales a deep breath. "When you get to the training, focus on survival skills. Weapons should be a 2nd priority. I'll teach you hand to hand combat," she has flashbacks of Opal teaching her, and almost smiles. "And make sure the public likes you. Your stylist team may seem scary, but they are doing their best to help you. I want to help you two, but in order for me to do that- you need to do what I say. Are we understood?" 

        Jonah and Eve look at each other, before Jonah looks back at me nodding. "Understood." 

        They finish eating in silence, as Raven silently observes both of them. Jonah seems to be blessed with good looks. The Capitol will love that: In more ways than one. Eve has the same earthy eyes as her brother, but wears more delicate features. She can most definitely catch the attention of the Capitol by being an elegant lady. They both also have good genes in terms of their bodies: Jonah has naturally muscular arms, despite not doing much heavy lifting and Even appears to be generally healthy and toned. Raven begins feeling more confident. for her tributes. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

She is on the floor, waiting along with the rest of the mentors for their dressed up and made up tributes. Raven keeps avoiding eye contact with the rest of the mentors. Already, the district 1 and district 8 mentors have come up to her, attempting to strike up a conversation. However, she can't find herself being friends with any of them: Especially considering almost all of them are about five years older than her.