𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎

Her eyes adjust from being in the darkness, and she immediately observes her surroundings and it is unlike any arena she's ever seen

Her eyes adjust from being in the darkness, and she immediately observes her surroundings and it is unlike any arena she's ever seen. They are on a huge island with thousands of plants and lakes surrounding them. The island is so huge, nobody can see the huge ocean that precedes, but they know it's there. 

        10... 

        Look around, is there anything you can grab? 

         9...  

        Yes, there's a backpack about two steps in front of me. What about the people around you? 

        8... 

        The 13 year old girl from 5 and boy from 7. No worries there. 

        7... 

        Go downhill as much as possible, find water and high ground. 

        6... 

        Won't be able to get any weapons. Make one if possible. 

        5... 

        Remember who you're doing this for. 

        4...

        Don't be stupid.         

         3... 

        Act for the cameras. 

        2... 

        Kill anyone and anything that gets in your way.  

        1... 

        Don't die. 

        Her chest tightens right when the gong rings and her whole world begins to shatter. She leaps forward, grabbing the backpack at the same time at the district 5 girl. She begins tugging with all her might, but Raven is stronger from practicing at home and in the Capitol, and slips it out of her hands. She should be getting away now. She can't stay. Already, there are two dead bodies in her field of view, and she refuses to be the next one. Just as her feet begin taking her in one direction, her face meets the hot sand. 

        Her boot meets a knee, and from the tone of the yelp, she can tell it's a girl. She rolls around so her face is out of the sand only to be met with the girl's bodyweight on top of hers. It is the 15 year old girl from 12, holding a knife in her hand, ready to use it on the young girl in front of her. Using all the strength she can, Raven brings her knee up, and hits what she thinks is the girl's tailbone. She groans in pain, realizing the vulnerable position she's in when Raven's backpack hits her head hard, knocking the knife out of her hand. Raven quickly grabs it and hesitates for a moment, before remembering she's on a show.