𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 5: 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝑒𝓇𝓈

Raven is currently laying down on her bed, playing around with the pillow in front of her

Raven is currently laying down on her bed, playing around with the pillow in front of her. Her body is physically exhausted from crying and screaming, and most of all: She's embarrassed to have such an image for having thrown such a tantrum. A subtle knock on the door snaps her out of her thoughts. 

        "Raven?" A voice calls out. There is a soft tone to it. 

         Raven hesitates for a moment, before responding, "Yes, Opal?" 

        "Do you want to come out for dinner or should I just leave it for you out your door?" 

        "Outside my door, please." Raven feels too much shame to eat with the rest of them after her breakdown. She heard Opal place the plate down, but waits until she hears her footsteps in the distance to pick up the food. It is filled to the brim with mashed potatoes, beans, beans, and various fancily cooked meats. She sighs and takes it to her bed, eating it without joy. After forcing herself to scarf down her plate, she sets it to the side and prepares herself for a restless night. 

        It's only 6:00 AM when she wakes up, and so she's the first one out to the table. A group of avoxes are setting the table with monotonous expressions on their face. Raven steps forward slightly and the avoxes immediately finish their tax and step back. "Can I serve myself?" she asks. One of the avoxes nods and she grabs a plate to get food. She sits at the table and goes for seconds, right around the same time Ronan enters the room. She glances at him and quickly looks back down at her plate. Ronan attempts to say good morning but Raven pretends she doesn't hear. Very distinctive footsteps follow soon after, and it is none other than Opal Grace. 

        Raven and Ronan immediately know something is off. She is more tired than usual, and the bags under her eyes have become bigger. Raven comes to the conclusion she had one off her "meditative periods." The stress is apparent on Opal's face when she takes a measly portion of oatmeal in her plate, and she can't even seem to stomach that. "You think you could get me some whiskey?" she requests from an avox with a gruff voice. The avox immediately leaves to get it and Opal finally acknowledges her tributes. "How are you, Raven? Done behaving like a child?" The jab digs into her like a knife, and suddenly realizes why Opal doesn't have any friends. She's completely unrecognizable under the influence. 

        "Yes," Raven coldly responds. 

        "Good to hear. Today, you two are going to decide if you want allies or not. My utmost recommendation? Play it solo. You won't be emotionally wrecked in the games if one of your allies dies. But if you are going to ally with someone, try choosing someone your age or someone who you can strike a conversation with. Other than that, try picking up another weapon other than your own today, learn something new. Any questions?" Raven and Ronan had none. Feeling pissed from her remark earlier, Raven gets up and angrily places the plate on the cart and is about to leave, not wanting to stick around for longer than necessary. "There she goes again, being so immature!" She snarkily remarks. Ronan, finding her behavior disgusting, immediately puts his plate away and goes to get ready as well.