𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 29: 𝑀𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝑀𝒾𝓃𝒹

Robin is generally a quiet person. He avoids confrontation and only gives suggestions. Perhaps that's why Raven never got better under his care. He simply didn't want to upset Raven, and decided staying by her side is the best support he has to offer. He doesn't scream when he's angry, he doesn't cry, he doesn't punch pillows. Instead, he allows his sorrows to drown in meaningless nights with girls who have sorrows like him. 

      But recently, he's been feeling a new kind of anger. One that he can't even put a finger on. He isn't even sure if this feeling is something that should be there. It feels foreign, and just the feeling of anger anguishes him more than he can imagine. It exhausts it, and it plagues his mind in ways he is unfamiliar with. Someone... or something is hurting his sister in ways that she can't even say one word to her brother. 

        Robin is a simple person. He will make suggestions and if they are ignored, he will stay silent and observe. Every. Single. Detail. He notices his sister sneaking out at night, all covered and geared up with every single knife she owns and a black mask over her mouth. No doubt, secret meetings being forced by the Capitol. 

       One day, Robin got sick of waiting around. If his sister refused to tell him what's wrong, he'd just find out himself. That night, after Finnick left and Raven's temporary good spell left, she's at it again. She wears the black mask, and prepares her belts with a variety of throwing knives, and others with sturdy handles. Robin is no Hunger Games victor, but he is quite stealthy. He learns quickly just by observing his agile sister in the games. He strays far behind, staying in the shadows. Robin is surprised to see her sneak under a fence into the forbidden forests outside of District 6. He sighs, quickly rolling under the fence to make as little noise as possible. 

      Raven suddenly stops walking, and Robin realizes he is in a vulnerable position. He notices a tree next to him and climbs it quickly, perching himself onto a branch. He clutches onto the knife he brought along with him, itching to use it. His face is tinged red with anger, practically hoping for the moment where he will get to kill whoever is coming. He hears a rustling, and watches his sister tense, as she waits for the peacekeeper. "Make it quick," Raven says. 

        A gruff voice scoffs, as he comes into view of Robin's line of sight. "District 7. You'll be going there next week." The man takes a folder out of a bag, handing it to Raven. Raven hesitantly grabs it, not daring to open the contents. "It's the usual. Get in, get rid of the targets, get rid of the evidence, and get out." He puts on a smile, as if it was completely normal to talk about the murder of someone likely innocent.  

        Raven looks at the man, a look of pure disdain in it. "It's Finnick's 16th birthday in 3 weeks. I want to be able to go to District 4 on his birthday," Raven bravely states. 

         The man ponders over it, before nodding. "That can be arranged." He smiles again, and it was completely unsettling. "The Capitol thanks you for your service," his voice says. His steps begin  walking out of earshot, and Robin watches his sister fall onto her knees, pulling at her hair. 

        As Raven's scream of agony fills his ears, his face burns with fury. She's killing people for the Capitol? They are FORCING her to kill her?  If even possible, he finds his heart dropping lower when he realizes there is only one reason she isn't refusing: Him. You shouldn't have to go through this alone, Raven.  

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

The next morning, Robin can't help but feel so many emotions at once. 

       Guilt. Anger. Fury. Sorrow. All the pain his 13 year old sister is going through just so he is alive. He isn't worth it. He drowns his sorrows in girls and silence. What makes him deserving of such agony from one person. For the first time in years, he takes out all his emotions on physical objects in front of Raven. 

        Robin throws the knife in his hand he was using to chop vegetables in the wall in front of him. His fist meets the counter as a cry escapes his throat. "Why-" his voice barely chokes out, as he repeats the action with his fist, tears spilling out of his eyes. Raven rushes over to her brother's side, holding him in an embrace. As Raven holds him in the embrace, Robin chokes out. "I know. About..." He imitates a cut-throat motion on his neck. Raven's breath catches in her throat, as her shell crumbles and she collapses onto the floor in tears. "I'm not worth it. You shouldn't be going through this to save my pathetic self." 

         Raven glares at Robin through glassy eyes, shaking her head no. "You are worth every ounce of pain, Robin. You're one of the only reasons I didn't just rid myself of this world yet," she cries, finding herself cuddling up to her brother. "I don't know what to do anymore," she weeps. 

         "I'm gonna kill them," Robin mutters under his breath, as he looks back at his younger sister. "Just you wait, I'll get you justice, Raven." 

Thoughts on this chapter???? LMK!!