𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 21: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 67𝓉𝒽 𝐻𝓊𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈

Raven has no idea where to go, as she holds in her wounds to prevent her blood from spilling out. She looks down at her hand, watching as it shines and bleeds. But she has no way of going to a hospital and the train won't be there to take her home until 7 A.M. She is stuck there.  

        Realizing she can't do anything else, she rushes to where her stuff is, and takes it with her to the sea. Raven rushes to the sand, not seeing anyone in sight to her relief, and takes out her water bottle, cleaning her wounds before wrapping them in gauze and tightening the wound on her ribs. She groans in pain as she tightens it, feeling the wound compress. She sighs in relief when she's done, and lays flat on her back on the sand. 

        Despite her body being tired, her mind is wide awake and active. She knows she should get some sleep, but every time she closes her eyes, she sees the stains of blood and hears Finnick's confused calls for her when she ran away that morning.  

        When she stands up to leave at dawn, she is feeling more broken and alone than ever. I probably have driven away the one potential friend I may have had. 

        If she cared to turn around, she would've seen Finnick coming for his morning swim, noticing the distraught Raven. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

In the one month before her first time being a mentor, she ignored two of the letters that came from Finnick, and she practically ignored everyone else around her in District 6. Aside from helping Stella out whenever she needed it, she is an empty shell, barely interacting with Opal and Robin. Her eye bags largen and her hair becomes a tangly mess that Opal comes every morning to detangle despite her protests.  

        The only things that gave her mind a minute of silence and peace from the thoughts of wanting to end it all and punish herself for the agony she's caused is the thwacking sound of arrows and knives hitting dummies and wood multiple hours a day. 

        The morning of the reaping, Raven is forced to keep the mask on, knowing she will be entering the Capitol once again. Oakley is once again on stage, ready to call out the names of the unfortunate kids. The video from President Snow is played again, and Raven is forced to relive her reaping in that period of time. 

        Finally, Oakley begins by calling out the girls. "Eve Starling." A 16 year old girl who has a frail figure comes up, and Raven has to stop herself from rolling her eyes as tears roll down Eve's face. Oakley then calls out the boy: "Jonah Starling." Eve begins crying harder, as an 18 year old boy comes up.  

         It's simply cruel to have two siblings together in the same game.   

        The train ride is awkward, as Raven feels she isn't in her right to give two teenagers much older than her advice. Eve is sobbing into a napkin, and her brother is simply quiet. Raven slams her hand on the table, causing them both the flinch. "Stop your damn crying," Raven spits out. "You wanna survive in there?" She asks rhetorically. "You better hide the waterworks, that's a great way to die." She then turns her head almost accusingly to Jonah. "And you, you think you'll be able to kill your sister if it comes down to it?" She notices he appears to be stronger out of the pair of siblings. 

        Eve sniffles, and holds back her tears at the thought of her brother murdering her. Jonah gulps, glancing at his sister. "Of course not, I can only hope one of us will die before the finale so it isn't us two that are last." He leans forward on his forearms, staring deep in the 13 year old's eyes. "You survived at twelve, and you didn't even rely on physical strength. I think I may have a winning shot, but you're going to have to help me," he practically begs. 

        Raven squints her eyes, not knowing if she can handle another death being her fault, but she's already lost so much. Her relationship with her brother is practically non-existent. She's become even more distant with the already detached Opal. She's ignoring Finnick and she's a shell of coldness and sorrow. 

         Finally, she raises her hand and offers to shake his as a peace offering. "The 67th Hunger Games begin for you now," she declares. 

A.N: 

Sorry for the shorter chapters recently! Longer ones this weekend, I promise. Thank you for getting me to almost 3K reads and for voting and commenting! Please continue supporting me as the future chapters become more focused on Raven's mental health and her and Finnick's booming friendship or maybe something else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯