Chapter 4 : The Mate

Cole's POV

I fell into the lake as Jemma removed the sword from my chest.
The pain I was feeling was now reduced as I was inside the water.
I spent a few minutes in the water before swimming to dry land.
I made my way to the cottage in the woods that Jemma had made for me. She said she would be visiting me from time to time until I turned completely.
My mind became hazy as I struggled to breathe.

I started to feel a knot in my chest as everywhere was turning dark and I couldn't see well.
I managed to enter the cottage and locked the doors before I fell to the ground.

I started to feel a burning sensation in the area where I was stabbed.
It was as if I was being lit on fire and I tore my shirt due to the pain. My skin was turning white and the dagger scar was closing up but the area was also darkening.

I grew scared as I felt my heart beat faster than normal and my breathing grew heavy.
I was sure that this pain was more than death itself.
I could feel every organ in my body shut down as I struggled to breathe.
An intense pain in my mouth made me cry out as I noticed my teeth were elongating.
I touched my canines and realised that they were longer than normal. My body was getting weaker and I was loosing consciousness.
I felt a final pain in my head which caused me to loose control of every inch of my body and I fainted.

Liam's POV

I packed my last bag and sat down on my bed.
It was almost 12am, and I would be 25 years old.
This meant I could finally meet my mate and I was over the moon thinking about her.
I watched the clock hit 12am and I smiled at the thought of finally meeting my mate.
But there was a problem. She was in the human world and it would take ages to find her. The prophecy didn't say anything about how to find our mates so I didn't know how to find her. I had told my parents that I would move into the human world and would return with my mate.

They supported my decisions and helped me with information about the human world that I needed to know.
My father prepared everything, telling me not to worry about anything at all.
I yawned and laid on my bed as I slept, dreaming about meeting my mate.

Morning came and I got dressed up to leave home.
I wanted to look basic so I wore denim jeans and a white tee. It was a bit chilly so I put on my leather jacket and went downstairs to say goodbye to my family.
My sister Sapphire alongside my mom and dad were having breakfast and I joined them.
The maids came in with a large cake on a tray and I smiled when I saw it.
My parents were the best, they always made sure my sister and I felt loved everyday.

"Awww Mom, Dad, you didn't have to", my sister said as she got up from her chair to hug them.
"Yeah, mom.
"We're not 16 anymore", I said playfully.
"You too may be 25 today you are still our little twins", my mother said.
"And we will make sure to celebrate your birthday with your mates next year", my dad said.

"Why yes, Liam will set off to find his mate and Sapphire will search the kingdom for her mate ", my mother said with a smile.
"Of course, mother", My sister said.
"Now come on, blow your candles", my mother said as she gestured to the cake.
We were about to blow the candles when a gush of wind blew, blowing out the candles for us.

"What's going on", My sister asked.
"I'll tell you what's going on", a voice said behind us and we turned to see an elderly lady.
"Bethany, is that you?"
My father asked.
"Bethany?"
"As in the greatest witch of all times?", I asked.
"You can also call me that," she said as she took a seat and gestured for us to do the same.

"To what do we owe this wonderful occasion, dear Bethany?
My sister asked.
"I am here for a serious matter", she said.
"The second son has found his mate", she said and we all looked surprised.
"And this means that you must find your mate as soon as possible, for that son will soon have his powers", she said looking at me.