Chapter 13 : The Mate Bond

Amani's POV

It was evening now, and our birthday party was starting soon.
Jade and Sapphire had kept me so busy that I didn't have time to see Liam. I knew that once I saw him, I would feel the mate bond, so I was eager to see him.

But Jade said that it should be a special moment, so we weren't going to meet until evening.
I reluctantly agreed and they entertained me as I waited for evening to come.
Now it was time to get ready, and Jade and Sapphire were helping me dress up. Sapphire did my hair and Jade did my makeup.

I thanked them for the wonderful job they did and I put on my dress.
It was a dark purple sequin dress that covered my feet.
It had a canoe neck and my collar bone was exposed.
I realised that it was a bad idea to wear a dress with such a neckline in the midst of vampires, but I trusted that no one was going to hurt me.
After I put on my dress, I helped Sapphire put on her shoes and she did the same to me.

Jade got ready as well, and she gave me some jewelry to accessorise my look.
Apparently it was from Liam and I smiled when I opened the jewelry box. It was a silver pendant with an amethyst stone, and it was really beautiful.

I put it on and it matched my dress.
I proceeded to wear heels because my dress was long and I didn't want to trip and fall.
I settled with silver heels that weren't too high for me.

Taking one look at myself in the mirror, I started to daydream about how I would feel when I saw Liam.
I was giddy and excited and I wondered what he would smell like.
"Hello, earth to Amani?"
Sapphire said, waving at me.
She had called my name several times but I didn't hear her.

She was dressed in a blue dress that reached her feet and she had gold heels to go with it.
"Sorry, I got carried away", I said.
"We're late, everyone is already downstairs", Jade said, coming out of the bathroom.

She was dressed in a green dress that had glitters and she looked very cute in it. Her heels were black and she had her hair down.
"Right, let's go meet your mate", Sapphire said and we all went downstairs.

My heart pounded loudly in my chest as we walked downstairs.
I was anxious about seeing Liam, although this wasn't the first time I was meeting him, but it would be the first time I would be feeling the mate bond.

"Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine", Jade said, putting a hand on my arm.
She must have senses my anxiety and I gave her a small smile.
We were almost in the ball room and I could hear waltz music.

I had never been to this part of the castle, it was only used for occasions.
We finally reached and Sapphire opened a large door.

The room was opened and it was a huge ballroom with decorations and lights.
I couldn't spot Liam, but I saw my parents, Bethany and her daughter who was with a baby, and Liam's parents.

I greeted them and asked about Liam.
"Oh, you should go into the garden if you want to see him", The queen said and I thanked her.

I stayed for a few minutes and said hello to Jemma's baby before I left to find Liam.
I didn't know this part of the castle so I almost got lost but I soon found my way.

I called Liam's name many times as I got to the garden but I couldn't find him.
The sun was setting, so I needed to find him soon.
I heard meowing when I entered further into the garden, and I wondered how a cat could have ended up there.

I walked forward and saw it beside a basket and I quickly put it in my arms.
It was a ginger kitten, with green eyes and I fell in love immediately.
I noticed that the basket had lots of treats and they were all my favourite.
I instantly knew that it was Liam and I smiled.