Chapter 19 : The Death

Liam's POV

After waiting for what seemed like hours, they finally arrived and we left to the palace.
We would be having lunch with our families before Amani and I left for our honeymoon. We didn't want a big wedding because time wasn't by our side.

After this war, I would definitely take Amani on a longer vacation.
I couldn't wait for this day to come to an end. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was stay in bed with my wife, but I couldn't ignore the sounds my stomach was making. I was way too hungry to think right now and I couldn't wait to get home.

We finally reached the castle and Amani and Jade left to change their dresses and I went to change into comfortable clothes.
Everyone was already in the dining room seated, waiting for us. Amani's family, Jade's family, Bethany and her daughters and my family were all present, including Harry and Henry, who both turned out to be Sapphire and Jade's mates.

Who would have thought that Jade couldn't have another mate apart from Cole?
Life was really unpredictable.
When I entered my room, my clothes were already packed in a suitcase. I had selected the clothes that I would be taking the night before, so the servants helped in folding and organising them, alongside the essentials I would be needing.

Amani's stuffs were already packed as well as the remaining of her stuff in the other side of the castle.
I quickly changed from my suit to a black shirt and denim jeans.
It got chilly at night so I took a leather jacket to go with it.
I changed into sneakers and made sure I wasn't forgetting anything. We were only going to be gone for a week anyway, and I didn't plan on staying in the castle for that long.

After I was sure that everything was completely, I headed downstairs to join everyone. I left my stuffs in the hands of the servants, as they knew what to do.

"Well, if it isn't the newest groom in town", Sapphire said as I joined them at the table.
"One may think that you both are the ones who got wedded today", I said gesturing to the closeness between Sapphire and Henry.

"Liam, be nice", my mother said and I raised my hands my playful defense.
I took a seat beside them and waited for my wife to come down so we could eat.

"Sorry we're late", Amani said as she and Jade practically ran to the table.
"Good, now everyone's here."
"I'm starving", Sapphire said.
"Hush now, I have a few words to say to everyone here."
"But first, everyone be seated", my father said out loud and Amani and Jade rushed to their seats.
Amani took a seat beside me and Jade sat beside Harry.
They both looked shy and I found it very cute.
They were a really good match.
"Now, we have a new addition to the royal family", my father stood up to say
"Our dear Princess Amani."
"We have always considered you family, Princess or not."

"And we are so happy to have you as our daughter in-law."
"We trust that you both will rule this kingdom one day, and you will surely be great leaders of Donovaz."
"I won't say much, but know this from the deepest part of our hearts, that we love you both, Liam and Amani, and the queen and I wish you a happy married life", my father said and my heart melted.

He sat back down and my mother offered him a tissue to wipe away the tears that were flowing from his eyes.
"Thanks dad, I love you too", I said.
"Why, this is embarrassing", he said as he wiped his tears and we all laughed.
Everyone was enjoying each others company and food was finally served.
Amani put a hand on my arm and smiled at me.

"Thank you for being such a good son, imagine if you and your dad were on bad terms, this wouldn't have happened", she whispered and I smiled.
"Ohh you silly wife of mine, when did you get so matured?"
I teased and she pouted her lips.
"Shut up", she said and focused on her food.
"So, Sapphire and..uh Henry, was it?", my mother asked.
"Yes ma'am, Henry Kane", Henry replied.