Chapter 18 : The Wedding Day

Amani's POV

I woke up early in the morning feeling giddy, ready to get married.
The girls were already up, and were getting things done.
I took a shower and wore a robe as my hair and makeup was about to be done.
I was going to wear a veil, so I wanted a very cute hairdo and Jade understood the assignment.

Jemma helped me to paint my nails since I didn't want to get them done.
Sapphire helped do my makeup and she did a very nice job.

1 hour later

I put on the dress with Jade's help and Ava helped me put on my shoes.
After attaching my veil to my hair, I looked in the mirror and almost shed a tear.
I never looked so beautiful, and it made me happy.
"You look beautiful", Jemma commented.
"Thank you", I said.
"And thank you all so much for your hard work, I'm so glad to have good friends like you", I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Aw come on you're gonna ruin my masterpiece", Sapphire said.
"We're happy we could help Amani, after all, it's your big day", Jade said.
"Group hug?"
I asked.
"Suree", Sapphire said and we hugged.
"Your parents are outside", Ava said.
"We're leaving now", Jemma said.
"Jade and I will be waiting for you outside Amani", Sapphire said and they walked to the door.

My parents walked into the room and they looked really good.
My mother was wearing a gold colour gown and she had long earrings that defined her face.

My dad was dressed in a black suit with a tie and both of them were looking happy and a bit sad.
"Oh, our little baby is getting married today"
My father said, wiping a tear from his eyes.
"You look like a princess in your dress Amani", my mother said.
"And you look lovely too mom", I said.
"One might think that you're the bride", I teased and they laughed.
"Congratulations dear, we can't express how happy we are", my father said.

"I am reminded of our wedding day, it was such a wonderful day, and now we are having your wedding too", my mother said.
"Mom, you're gonna make me cry", I said and hugged both of them.
"Don't worry dear, we won't ruin your makeup", my father said and smiled.

"Here dear."
"This is the necklace I wore on our wedding day, and I think you should wear it too", my mother said, handing me a jewelry box.
I opened it and saw a silver chain pendant with a white diamond and it looked really expensive.
"Aww, mom."
"It's soo pretty".
"Thank you so much."
"I love you both so much."
"You have no idea how happy I am right now", I said to both of them, trying my best to not cry.

"You're welcome dear, now let's go get you married, I can hear your friends getting impatient from here", my father said and I laughed.
"Let's go", I said, holding my mom's hand.

"Good, the bride is finally here", Sapphire said as she got up from the chair she was sitting in.
"Sorry, I hope we didn't take too much time", my mother said.
"Oh don't worry Mrs Karayan, we just need to be on our way now and we'll get to the ceremony in time", Jade said.

"Let's go", I said and Jade handed me my purse and we left the castle.
I hadn't seen Liam yet and I was looking forward to seeing him.

The Donovaz Kingdom was quite rowdy today, I wondered if it was because of the wedding.
As we drove to the ceremony, I looked out of the window of the car and saw many villagers outside, singing and dancing.
I was in the same car with Sapphire and Jade, whilst my parents were in another car. Everyone else was at the wedding hall, and we were still on the way.

There were no children in sight, so it was just men and women, young and old dancing and heading to the direction we were going.
It was probably because of the wedding, I hadn't seen so many villagers before and it was nice to see them joyful.
"They're happy because they know salvation is near", Sapphire said.
I was sitting in between her and Jade.
"This marriage is the last big thing before the war, and everyone is hopeful that the curse ends", she continued.