Chapter 15 : The New Girl

Amani's POV

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to do my stuff.
Liam and I had agreed to have the wedding in 2 days.
I was to go shopping with Jade for some stuffs and also needed to get my dress from the wedding store.
It was a custom made dress, and I had expected the seamstress to take a long time to make it but she was done within 1 week.

Jade wasn't in bed when I woke up, so I concluded that she was already downstairs.
I took a shower and changed into outing clothes, we had a long day and we needed to start off early.
After applying mascara and lip gloss, I did my hair in a bun and wore denim trousers with a red crop top.
The weather was kinda chilly so I wore a coat that I had taken from Liam.

I wore my boots and went downstairs to grab a bite before leaving.
When I got to the dining room, everyone was present except Jemma and her mother.
I quickly greeted Liam's parents and took a seat beside Liam.
I greeted my parents and Jade's parents as well.

Jade was seated beside her parents and she was already dressed.
We were to go out with Sapphire and Jemma to pick dresses for them and our mothers.
We also had to get some wedding supplies and it was a relief that they were all dressed to leave. After breakfast we would go to the mall before getting our dresses.
"Morning baby", Liam whispered and held my hand underneath the table.
"Hi", I said and smiled back.
His voice sounded husky and it was making me feel woozy.

Bethany and Jemma appeared at the dining table and another woman was with them.
"Ava?", Liam said.
"Hi Liam", she said with a smile.
He stood up from his chair and went over to her.

"Didn't expect to see you here", he said and she rolled her eyes at him.
Bethany and Jemma greeted us and walked to where the King and Queen were seated.

Everyone's attention was now on them, but my eyes were on the Prince and his 'friend'.
"I thought you only liked appearing in bedrooms", he whispered in her ear and she elbowed him.
No one heard them but I did and I was confused when I saw how close they looked.

Bedroom?
Did I miss anything?
What did he mean by that?
This better be a joke.
"This is Ava, she was my helper when I was in the human world", Liam said, gesturing to the woman.
She rolled her eyes at Liam and he smirked at her.

This made me wonder if they had known each other for long and I didn't like the way she looked at him.
"It's a wonderful pleasure to finally meet you all."
"I am Jemma's younger sister, Ava", she said and bowed to the King and Queen.
"Nice to meet you", Sapphire said.
"Liam's helper you say, then you must have been of great assistance to him back then", The queen said.

"Although I don't think we were expecting you", I remarked and Liam glared at me but I didn't look at him.
"I sincerely apologise for bringing her here without informing you all."

"Cole found out that I had a other daughter and she was in danger."
"He had killed some witches in our land already, and I had to save her before he got to her", Bethany said and bowed her head down.

"Yes My King, we are witches with powers but the power Cole possesses is enough to wipe out our entire land."
"The witches he killed were the ones who helped the supernatural court to put the curse."
"And if the court found out that I had Cole's baby, they would have kept my sister hostage until she told them where we were", Jemma said sadly.
"I didn't want my family to be in danger, so I selfishly brought her here without your approval."

"Who knows what they would have done to my children?"
"As a mother I couldn't let that happen."
"Forgive me your majesties", Bethany said innocently.
I hoped the king and queen weren't upset because everyone was quiet, waiting for their response.