Chapter 20 : The Honeymoon

Amani's POV

I noticed Liam's body movements after Cole died.
There was no way that he wasn't affected by it, he and Cole were close although he didn't show it.
Everyone else wasn't so bothered by it, not even Jade or Jemma as they had moved on a long time ago.
But Liam never did.

I knew I had to be there for him at this moment, but he was masking his true feelings by smiling.
I know Liam, and I knew that he was hurting a lot.
I mean, Cole was going to die anyways, but still, it was a painful memory.

I was lost in my thoughts as Liam drove the car to the vacation home.
He didn't say a word as we travelled and I didn't want to force any conversations.
The car was dead silent and it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, but it was deafening.
He had snacks for him in the backseat but I wasn't hungry. I thanked him for them and promised to have them at a later time.
Finally, we reached the house and it looked inhabited but Liam told me that the house hadn't been used for several years.

The servants had already cleaned up the house and stuffed it with what we were going to need for our stay.
It had a garden beside it and it was a huge house, more like a miniature castle.
The only difference was that it had a more homey feeling that the castle and I loved it, not that the castle back home wasn't homey, but without many stairs, hallways and servants, it was better than the castle.

After Liam had put all of our things in the room, it was dark out. We left in the evening and night was already here.
I entered our room and it was beautiful.
The room was painted blue and there was a big bed in the middle.
It had a mini fridge and a desk as well as a fireplace.

I rushed to the fireplace to warm myself as the weather was a bit cold.
I felt Liam's arms wrap around me and I felt warmer.
He kissed the back of my neck which sent shock waves through my body and my breathing hitched.
"You could have told me you were cold, I would get you warm in no time", he said and I turned to face him.

"Warm me now then, my dear husband", I said seductively and he narrowed his eyes at me.
"I'd love to do that now, but I think a bath will be better", he said.
"You mean, take a bath together?"
I blushed.
"Of course, we're married now aren't we?"
He asked.
"I mean, yes, but..", I said but didn't finish my sentence.
"Don't tell me you're shy my love", he teased.
"Oh come on", I said and playfully punched him in the chest and ran towards the bathroom, trying to lure him in.

The bathroom was coloured white and there was a bathtub beside the shower with a shower door separating them. I turned on the tap and set the water to warm. I couldn't find any bubble bath liquid so I called Liam from the door and he appeared wearing only a towel.
I turned away as my cheeks reddened from the sight.
Just a single glance at his beautifully created torso was enough to turn me on and I didn't want him to know.
"Why are you turning away?"
He asked."
"Nothing, did you find the bath liquid?"
I asked.
"Yeah, here it is", he said and I grabbed it without looking at him.
I quickly poured the liquid into the bath tub and lather formed.

I wanted to get out of the bathroom but Liam held my hands before I could move.
"You're so cute Amani", he said and I pouted.
"What's wrong?"
He asked.
"I wanted to look sexy for you today, but it seems you beat me to it", I said.
"You're hot even without any effort", I said and traced my fingers on his abs.
He shuddered from my touch and stopped me from going any further.

"You'll always be sexy to me Amani, and I can't wait for what you have for me", he said and smiled.
"You can't wait?"
I said, a plan forming in my head.
"Then we can't have a bath together, so, take the shower", I said and his smile fell.