Chapter 10. Zoning out

I talked to to Ruhaan's mother for half and hour

I talked to to Ruhaan's mother for half and hour. She is so sweet. We talked about shopping and what are my likes and dislikes as in jewelry and clothes. She even invited me and Arora's for more discussion regarding marriage stuffs. I had a great time talking to her she remind me of my mother in between our talks. I even sobbed thinking about my mother, I remembered the last time I talked to my mother.

Its been 13 years since my parents left me. Left this world. My one and only strength, my only hope left me and my worst nightmare started living with Arora's. I still remember that unforgettable night of my life when I saw my parents dead bodies pooled around red river called Blood.

Flash lights of cameras were flashing in front of my eyes. I was dragged by the police men, not knowing were they are taking me. As the past starts to haunt me I always end up zone out of the reality. My mind just stop working as if someone is controlling my actions and thoughts but I don't know who.

My Parents death. This topic is something I am running from, even a mere thought of accident and blood is enough to zone me out I starts to think about it deeply even when I know I don't want to but as I said my nerves don't listen to me. Every moment of how my parents told me they will be back by next morning but they didn't! How they were fighting when they were living as they both don't want to live me alone but had to---

"Lavanya! Lavanya!. Come back" Navya shakes me from my miseries of zone out effects. My breathing labors I started to shake not panic attack just nervous problem I guess?

"Here take this" Navya handed me a glass of water and I drank it in one gulp.

Calm down. Please.please.calm.down.

"Breath lavi" I nodded at Mia. Mia was continuously rubbing my back till now. Both are now in worried state due to me.

"I am okay" I say to relieve them but they didn't left my side. After a while my breathing gets normal and they heaved a long sigh.

"Let's continue I am fine" I encourage them so that we can continue our small home party.

We are currently in my apartment and was having a beer party as promised by me to Navya and Mia. They were mostly drinking and I was taking sips in between as I know myself, couldn't handle one glass. Three of us are sitting on floor and were talking about our life but then evenings talk with Mrs. Mehrotra flashes in my mind and I was telling them that Ruhaan suddenly came to my clinic and asked forgiveness for his harsh words, today and plus, I talked to his mother on phone.

But suddenly talking about Ruhaan's mother I started to think about my mother everything about her how she used to comb my hair, how she used to smile, how she used to hug me when I was afraid of small things and specially Rats. Her lack of presence hurts me, not only her but my both parents emptiness in my life hurts me every time in everything. Her absence causes me to cry out loud but I don't know why I can't cry but this zone outs happens.