Chapter 15. Jaipur

Hi it's me

Jaipur, At the Rajmahal (Palace)

"The lehenga is looking just as I thought" Said Mumma, running her fingers in my right cheek. She is not my blood but still she is so sweet to me sometimes I think I got back my dead mother and tears won't stop from falling from my eyes.

"Thank you mumma, it's really beautiful and chosen by a beautiful lady like you, it has to be special" I said emphasising her gorgeous choices in which she is really good.

" Okay okay Enough praise for me now don't move, your mehendi will destroy and Don't Cry! I am going to Cry if you keep sobbing like this." She warns me about my constant cries whenever she says something.

I mumbled sorry and said " Mumma, will you not apply Mehendi?"

"I will beta after helping your papa with guests. I am coming in a minute okay till then Anvi and Navya are with you. Don't move okay!" Saying she moved away.

Raj Mahal (Palace)You can imagine palace of your own

Raj Mahal (Palace)
You can imagine palace of your own.

Today is my Mehendi Ceremony and everyone is busy applying it on their hands except men, because they don't! . I am sitting in the garden of this big palace. I stay still capturing every moment as getting married has always been my fantasy and that too, in a palace is no less than a dream. Not that these were my conditions but it felt overwhelming to get more than I dreamed.

Even stepping into a Mahal (palace) feels nostalgic to me whereas Navya has been staying since her childhood so she doesn't bother this much but for me it gives me the ancient king queens feeling, monarchy, War at that time, when kings and queens fall in love. I couldn't express in words what I felt for our Indian ancient heritage.

All these I have read in books and seen in movies but still as a Jaipurian I never got a chance to visit one. And here I am getting married in one of the giant palaces.

Anvi is sitting beside me noticing every design the mehendi artist has been making since the beginning, like a little baby, she's actually a baby in the house. Navya is busy on her phone as always. Maybe making her plan of Eloping.