Chapter 18. You look good

I took his rough palm so that I could climb the stage

I took his rough palm so that I could climb the stage. When my eyes met with those Dark brown eyes, a chill ran through my spine. My Heart was pounding against my ribs like any minute it's going to explode Like bomb.

He carefully made me stand as I couldn't due to my lehenga which weighs more than a giant rock.. Thank god my makeup Is minimalistic otherwise my face would also be carrying more than half a kilo. Ruhaan made my lehenga proper in front of everyone and I lost a part of me there.

"Thank you" I said, wishing he would talk Again.

"Welcome" He said with a curt nod without looking at me.

As soon as I stood, the clicking sound echoed throughout The venue. Nervousness has already made its way to me as I was the centre of attraction in my wedding. It is one of my problems as someone who has zero idea about relatives and families and who doesn't have one. Whether My husband's posture was unvarying with a straight face.

I think I need to remind him he is at his own wedding, not dealing a deal in his billion dollar buildings.

"You can smile a little, you don't Have to love someone in that process" I taunt, not averting my eyes from the cameras.

"I don't smile!" He said sternly looking straight to the cameras

I didn't say anything further Knowing it's all baseless to talk with him about something he never does.

"You smile so you're already doing it on behalf of me. My better half" He said all of sudden

"But you don't like to?" I asked as I couldn't hold back myself.

"I never want to" He shook his head.

"As you wish" I said, looking away from him to the cameras. But it took me few minutes to decode what he said in last few words

Better half.

The palace is adorned with several lights and flowers. Guests had already taken place, Navya has been out of my sight since I came To the stage. Mia is excitingly looking after my makeup, my look and making sure everything is perfect. We took our seats and the Hi , Hellos of guests and gifts started.

Am I not looking good? Is my makeup ruined?
Is there any problem with my lehenga? But the dress seems to be fine.

Ruhaan had been glancing in my direction Occasionally and because of that I am getting more anxious.

"Mia!" I called her as she was standing beside me taking gifts from my hand.

"What happened?" She said bending down In my level as I am sitting.

"Is there anything Wrong in my face or dress?"

"Nooooo. Why are you asking this? You look perfect." She stated

"Okay" I said and get back to greet the guests.

"You look.....good" He said before turning towards the cameras.