chapter 16. What if ?

Hi it's me Gouri!

"I like it!""W-What?" "My nickname given by you""Me? When?" "Just now! You called me Vanya"

"I like it!"
"W-What?"
"My nickname given by you"
"Me? When?"
"Just now! You called me Vanya"

"Ruhaan?" A knock echoed in my empty suit.

"Yes?" I said coming back to present

Papa peeks from outside of the door. I got up and said " Papa! Under aa jao, ap pucha mat karo na just come!"

(Com'in, don't ask, just come!)

"How can I not? My son is The CEO of our company and is now going to marry. My father taught me to always knock before going in so I am just following his words." He joked. And I just felt happy knowing he is so happy that he is in the mood of joking, just because of this marriage, just because his son's going to marry, just because I am going to get married.

Isn't he too happy?

How cannot he? He waited for this moment for I don't know how long.

"Do you need anything? Why are you going to the balcony?" I asked noticing his way.

"To sit with you there". He says making his way back to the drink area of my suit in the cornor. Probably taking two glasses and Pineapple juice to drink. I power off my laptop and make my way towards the balcony as it's going to be a meaningful conversation with my father.

In my childhood, we often used to sit under the sky in our garden of Jaipur house and used to talk for hours. My father used to teach me the good things and tell me how to handle bad things and how to handle those if they come in my way. Since when I was four he has been my inspiration to never give up on any situation.

Oftentimes my grandfather used to join us and the three gents used to spend their time laughing, scolding one support one and endless little quarrel of them, but the only difference now is he is not with us rather in heaven.

I miss you dadaji (grandpa)

"Here. Your favourite pineapple juice!" He says handing the beer glass but it's pineapple juice in it as both of us don't drink alcohol.

"Thank you papa" I say, taking the giant glass from his hand.

We both sip for a pile of time watching the view of dark blue sky of night, stars shining brighter in the dark as always, the palace garden, where Lavanya had her mehendi this morning.

Yeah I saw her from my balcony when I came out on the balcony to attend a call.

Garden decorated with lights, flowers for tomorrow's function and its a one stressful thing for me. My father is not someone who jokes around, he is a silent man who's knowledge about life, relationships and emotions are greater than anyone else I know whereas I don't even stand average of him, he is perfect in everything, in every relationship he has, We were sipping our juices until he broke the silence and said " So how's the juice?"