Twenty seven

((That's my Michael meme. Very versatile.))

Ashton figures, for all the times Michael's woken him at unreasonable hours (noon), it's his turn to return the favor. Even though Michael is a fucking bear when someone wakes him up.

Ashton sneaks into his room quietly, suddenly grateful for the fact that Luke and Calum had fallen asleep under Luke's brand new blanket fort in the living room. He shuts the door softly behind him and sets his bag on Calum's unused bed. Michael's legs are tangled in his sheets, while he's laying on his back, lips parted slightly and eyelashes fluttering while he dreams.

Ashton's surprised he's not drooling, honestly.

He crawls into bed with Michael, eager to get back at him, and tries to figure out how to wake him. He could kiss Michael, his lips look like they're practically waiting for it. Then again, he thinks about he would feel if someone woke him up like that and nearly starts gagging. Its violating, and Michael's asleep, so he can't give consent. In the end, he just pokes at Michael's bare ribs and stomach, whispering, "Mike. Hey, Mikey. Michael. Dude. Wake up. Hey, are you awake yet? Mike. Michael, bro, wake up. Mike, I'll suck you off if you wake up right now."

Michael's eyebrows pull down and his mouth closes, lips pursing, while he grunts from the back of his throat. After a second, he mumbles, "You'll what?"

Ashton snorts in amusement, because of course that's all Michael got out of his rambling. He stops poking and rolls so he's on his back instead, arm pressed against Michael's. "Morning, sleeping beauty," He whispers fondly.

Michael mumbles in response, patting his hand around until he can grab Ashton's and lace their fingers together. Ashton ignores the way his heart beat picks up slightly at that. Michael grumbles some more, stretching and popping his joints, arching off the bed in an attempt to crack his back. After a minute or two, he rolls over, directly on top of Ashton, with a muffled "whump," noise. Ashton huffs out all the breath that had previously been in his lungs, before Michael decided to squish him to death, then let's out a low groan.

"Can kiss you, right?" Michael mumbles sleepily. burying his face in Ashton's neck. Ashton nods and wheezes out an agreement, so Michael starts kissing along his neck and shoulder lazily. He makes his way up towards Ashton's jaw and cheek, before planting a firm kiss on Ashton's mouth. After a second, he slumps back down and buries his face into Ashton's neck again, letting out a content sigh.

Ashton can feel Michael's eyelashes flutter against his neck as his eyes close again, and brings his hand up to pinch Michael's bare waist. "Stop it, you're supposed to stay awake."

Michael whines like the child he is and bats Ashton's fingers away. "Why?"

"Because I planned a day!" Ashton protests. "Come on, I made a list and everything!"

"For all of us?" Michael asks.

"No," Ashton frowns. Of course Michael doesn't want to spend time with him, not when Calum isn't involved. He tries, anyway, because he's stubborn and in love. "Luke and Cal are off doing their own thing, so I thought it could be just the two of us."

Michael's quiet for a second, before he nods and sits up, moving his knees so he's straddling Ashton's waist. He slips his cold hands up Ashton's shirt and presses his palms against Ashton's chest, making the older boy squirm. Michael's red hair is wild, sticking up in every direction and making him look like a fluffy little duck. Ashton's breath hitches slightly when he looks up at him. Because, holy shit, Michael's really fucking pretty.

"What's on your list?" Michael's asks, pushing his hands further up.

Ashton swallows thickly and nods his head in the direction of the bag on the empty bed next to them. "We're gonna shower, because you smell, and I'm going to deep condition your hair. You're balding." Michael laughs, falling forward with the force of his giggles, and leans his forehead against Ashton's collarbones. Ashton smiles and reaches up to lace his fingers through Michael's hair, tugging at the strands until he manages to pull a loose one out. He holds it up, tapping Michael's left temple with his free hand to make him look. "Look at this, it's coming out in clumps!"