Four

((*hillbilly voice* THIS HERE'S A BIG'UN))

Luke clears his throat and runs his hand through his hair three times before Calum sets down his phone and gives Luke the attention he apparently needs.

"Who are you rooming with tonight?" Luke asks carefully, making sure every word is clipped and precise.

Calum allows himself to be naïve for a second and a half. He let's himself think that Luke's asking because he's coming around, he's finally realizing Calum is who he is and there's nothing he can do to change it. So he shrugs, because if Luke wants to bond, nothings going to stop him. Not even his agreement to room with Ashton.

"Oh," Luke says. His eyes flick down to the bus table that separates him from Calum. "I'm rooming with Michael, so I guess you're stuck with Ashton."

Calum's blood runs cold at that. He's pissed off, because Luke's afraid of him. Luke, who showed up in Calum's English class in year nine with a blonde fringe and chubby cheeks, is afraid of the fact that his best friend knows how to apply eyeliner.

He picks up his phone again, for something to do, and clutches it tightly in his hand, gritting his teeth to avoid yelling.

"Are you afraid I'm just going to randomly want to suck your dick, Luke?" He growls.

"No," Luke says quickly, sounding sincere and honest. Calum believes him for a second, and then Luke tacks on, "Besides, I like boys."

"Explains why you're rooming with Michael, then," Calum snaps. Luke looks up at him in surprise, raising his eyebrows at the sudden outburst. Calum knows its wrong, he shouldn't be arguing, he should be approaching Luke carefully. He should be making sure Luke knows that its okay, Calum still likes him, even if the feeling isn't exactly mutual.

"Sorry?" Luke says finally.

"You both like cóck, it only makes sense," Calum summarizes. "You're probably going to have a lot of competition, with him."

Luke seems to pause at that, looking across the table at him uneasily. The bus goes over a pothole, jostling then both. "What do you mean?"

"You know what pansexual is, right?" Calum asks, smiling slightly when Luke shakes his head. "It means he's attracted to anyone, regardless of gend- oh."

"Oh?" Luke echoes.

"Oh, Michael's a hypocrite," Calum informs him. "He likes boys and girls and everything in between, but I'mthe in between and he hates me."

"Maybe he's in love with you," Luke suggests, because Luke is a hopeless romantic, regardless of the relationship.

Calum shrugs a little. All of his anger is directed at Michael now, instead of Luke. "I don't show my love by offending the one it's directed at."

Luke pauses for a second, flicking his tongue out to wet his lips and running a hand through his hair for the millionth time. "Maybe- maybe you could room with Michael? And I'll room with Ashton?"

"I doubt Ashton wants to room with you," Calum admits. Its been about a week since their argument, and Ashton isn't any less bitter about it. If anything, he's started acting arrogant around Luke, blatantly ignoring him and pointing his nose up whenever Luke's around. Calum sleeps in the bunk under Ashton on the tour bus, while Luke sleeps in the one across from him. Purposefully so Ashton won't be forced into any contact with Luke.

Calum would think it was childish if he didn't feel the same way. He's too afraid to ignore Michael and Luke though, he doesn't want the entire band to split in half.