Epilogue

((Oh shit I forgot to mention. This is the last chapter.))

Calum's the first one awake. Which is weird, because usually Ashton's the first to drag himself out of bed and make coffee and scowl by himself until everyone else gets up. Luke's sprawled out across their own bed, drooling on the pillow. Calum doesn't even bother checking on Michael, because he's not stupid, he could hear Ashton's moans through the walls last night. It had technically been Ashton's first time, and Calum doesn't want to ruin their morning together.

Instead, he gathers up the blankets from his bed and makes a small nest on the couch. He watches some American cartoon that he doesn't know the name of (there's some singing, disproportionate dinosaurs and a sickly sounding train, so he's not impressed so far), and drinks milk for an hour or so. Eventually, Luke stumbles in, all big and sleepy and bumbling, and worms their way into the blanket nest, stacking on a few of their own for good measure.

"Kiss," they pout sleepily, making their eyes as big as possible.  Calum's hums, without even rolling his eyes, and gives Luke a soft kiss good morning. Calum likes waking up with Luke, because they usually like soft touches and gentle voices. Luke is small in the morning, too tired to snipe and make sarcastic comments. Calum loves Luke, honestly.

"You know," Luke mumbles, voice thick like syrup. They pull the blanket up and scratch at the tiny, scruffy hairs on their chin and jaw. "I think I'm intergender."

Calum had been thinking of getting some cereal, and he still is. "Okay," he tells Luke, without glancing away from the dinosaurs (he can't understand why the t-Rex doesn't just fall over with his giant fucking head).

"Calum," Luke says, so Calum turns to look at them patiently. "What did I just say?"

"You're intergender," Calum repeats. "Sounds very fun and exciting, Lukey."

Luke's thin lips quirk into a small smile at that. They've still got a blanket wrapped around their head and a hand on Calum's inner thigh underneath the stack of blankets. "Do you even know what that is?"

Calum blanks completely. "Well," he trails up and stares at Luke with big eyes.

Luke bursts into giggles, shifting closer so they can bury their face against Calum's neck. Calum instinctively wraps his arm around Luke's back underneath the blankets and let's them giggle. They scrunch up their nose and get little crinkles next to their eyes with the force of their laughter.

Calum's proud of them, though. He's insanely proud of Luke's transformation from judging little gay boy, who thinks there's two genders and two sexualities, to accepting supporter, who properly researched things. They know what their gender is, even though it's not one of the Big Five (male, female, Bigender, agender, and genderfluid). Calum's so stupidly fond and proud, he can't help but press a kiss to the top of Luke's head gently.

When Luke's shaking giggles calm down enough, they press a kiss to the underside of Calum's jaw. "It basically means I'm non binary, but I'm everywhere on the gender spectrum. I'm wherever I want to be, between male and female."

"Super fun and exciting," Calum repeats.

"I didn't really want to put a label on it," Luke shrugs a little. There's a small commotion from down the hall, which they both ignore. "Labels are boring. It found me online, I didn't go searching for it, so I just figured, you know. I should tell you."

"Okay," Calum nods, because he really doesn't mind Luke's gender defining. Luke's a free spirit. Before he can respond further, Michael comes stumbling in with Ashton latched to his back like a leech. Ashton smiles at them happily, and allows Michael to set him on the couch on Calum's other side gently.