37. airport encounter

Siddhant's POV

I was sitting on my desk when this mf decided to barge into my room.

"Bhaiiiiiii gimme das hazar rupay please." Sirat, the she donkey came inside my room with a loud shriek. I almost wince.
(Brother. Gimme ten thousand rupees please.)

"First why? And second, where are your manners? Don't you know how to knock on someone's door before entering?" I scolded her and she pouted at me.

I know better than falling for her tricks.

"Sorry brother." She said and looked down. I almost got trapped in her fake sad face trap.

Key word: almost.

"Ok. Enough with the drama. Come to the point straight now." I said and she looked up while rolling her eyes.

"I swear since bhabhi has went to Singapore you are just a rude walking log of mass and volume." She said and this time, it was me who rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Now tell me why you want so much money suddenly. Don't tell me you are doing drugs or something." I asked while narrowing my eyes at her.

She smirked at me. The audacity.

"Actually that's the exact reason." She said and plopped her ass on on my bed, as if intimating a queen.

Chapri. Nalayak.
(Cringy. Worthless.)

"Ohh. Which one btw?" I asked now giving my whole attention to this useless sister of mine.

"Heroine. Or maybe Molly. Depends actually." She said while putting her fingers on her chin as she if thinking.

I took a deep breathe in and then out.

"Tell. Me. The. Real. Reason. NOW."

End of Sid's POV

"Ugh. Chill caveman. I need money to shop from the airport. One of my friend, who was in North Dakota, U.S. for an year or so, is returning today. And I have to go to take her since everyone else in our friendgroup is busy. And you know na, how wonderful things they sell on the airport." Sirat explained and Siddhant made an O face in understanding before shaking his head.

"Why so much money? You can buy stuff in 500 too na?" He asked with a raised brow. He had no problem in lending her the money since she isn't spoiled in this case and rarely ever asks for money to spend. But he just wants to tease her a little.

"Are you even listening yourself right now? In this mehengai ka zamaana, 500 main toh ek shirt bhi nahi aati! And you are talking about shopping stuff from airport in that much money?" She gasped at her brother's ridiculous anatomy over economy.
(In this era or expenses, not even a shirt can be bought in 500 rupees.)

"Fine fine...here, take this credit card of mine but remember the limit is fifteen thousand only. But you aren't allowed to spend more than ten. Got it?" He said giving her the credit card he had for her and his brothers only.

"Sure sure. Thank you Bhai!" She said in excitement and kissed on of his cheeks. Then flee away from his room happily. He shooked his head once more with a small smile looking at his baby sister.

"Par 500 main achi shirt aa toh jaati hai."
(But in 500 rupees, we can buy a good shirt!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Yes Leela. I'm on the gateway onwards. Yes yes, you don't worry. I'll pick you up. Tu bahar toh aa." Sirat, who was talking to her friend over phone was excited as hell to meet her after such a long time.
(First you come out)

As she was looking down at her phone, a voice of something crashing caught her attention. Without paying much head to it, she pull back her attention towards her phone. But something clicked her.

That woman looked like....

No! How is that possible! She's not in the country.

Her inner debate begun before she decided to look up one more time. This time, to make her assumption correct.

Chavi bhabhi...

Sirat's jaw dropped and eyes widened as she looked at her sister in law coming out of the airport hallway. Covered in a white trouser and sweatshirt co ord set, she was looking gorgeous as ever.

"What is she doing here without letting us know? Does bhai know about it? Does anyone from family knows?" She asked to herself until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Turning around, she looked at the happy face of her friend, Leela.

"Hi babes! Omgeee you have grown so pretty in these months!!" Leela shrieked and hugged Sirat in excitement, who was stilll shocked from what she saw.

"H..hi.." she stuttered. But was quick to compose herself and matched Leela's excitement. Soon enough, they both engrossed into catching up over their respective lives in America and India. Though half of Sirat's mind was still stuck over the encounter on the airport.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Night came by soon. And so did Sirat's worry.

She was in a debate whether to ask her mother or brother about this or to directly ask her bhabhi. Being a responsible person, she should have called and asked Chavi directly. But being Sirat, she went straight to ask an advice from Miheer.

Bestest. Decision. Ever.

Note the sarcasm.

"Bhai sahab. Sach bol rahi hai?" He asked, exceptionally dramatically. Offcourse he will, considering the drama queen he is.
(Bro. Are you speaking the truth?)

"Ji. Hundred percent truth." Sirat replied.

Miheer looked at her and then at her fingers, which her fidling with each other.

"Wait wait... Don't take tention. We'll figure out." He told his Lil sister.

Ghanta!