44. Snake and ladders

As soon as Chavi ran downstairs, she made her way towards the parking lot. Calling Vivian on his phone.

He didn't pick up.

Where are you Vivian!! Oh God. And where's my precious baby, my Bentley!!

She mentally weeped at the thought of her Green Bentley being hit by some other car.

So she ran towards her personal parking slot. But got confused when she saw her car just fine and perfect like before. Not a single dent present on it.

"Looking for the non existent dent on your car, pretty lady?" A familiar male voice reached her eyes making her eyes go wide and her breath hitched in her throat.

She slowly turned around to see none other than her deliciously handsome husband standing right behind her, with a broad smile on his face.

"What the...." She couldn't complete her sentence before her legs took her towards him. She ran in his arms and he caught her, swinging her around in glee.

Both of them were smiling like idiots.

"How come?" She asked, still clad with a broad smile.

"Shall we go to your home first? It's pretty chilly out here." He said and she nodded.

Then as they make their way inside, and she closed the door, he took her into a hug again.

"I missed you so so much." He said as he inhaled her familiar jasmine and sandalwood scent. She too sighed in content being around him.

"And I missed your nonsense self." She replied and wrapped her hands around him, but recieved a glare from him. Then she smiled and pulled his cheeks before saying it was a joke.

"But really. How come you are here! I am I'm very happy that you are here, but howwww?" She elongated the last how and asked to him. While he just looked at her in adoration.

"The project I have been working on since last few months has completed. And I was free nonethless. Plus our first marriage anniversary was coming near too. So mumma and papa said why don't I come to you to celebrate." He said and Chavi realised what date it was.

It's indeed her first wedding anniversary tomorrow!!!

She suddenly got excited and hugged him again.

"Oh my God! How could I forget it. I'm so excited wohoo." She said and kissed his cheeks.

He reciprocated her action by kissing her back. On her lips.

"I know right." He replied back.

"Okay. On a very serious note, I'm hungry now. Is their any food here to eat?" He asked and eyes get apartment, which was very decent and well organised.

"Sure. Come with me." She said, hold his hand and took him towards the diner with her.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Another few hours were passed in a splur. Their family had responded to him via group chat but said no to calls and video calls since the others think they should spend time with each other.

So here were they, spending time with each other by playing snake and ladders.

"You are gonna go down at 99. Watch yourself failing now." Chavi said to Siddhant who was ahead of her. It was something that she always does. Whenever playing games she always demotivated her fellows.

Siddhant didn't bother reply but rather played his chance and ahoy! He won.

"Watch yourself losing for the third time tonight." He said and winked at her, who made a funny face and then rolled her eyes at him in response.

"I'm going to make myself some coffee." Chavi announced and trotted to the kitchen. With a smile, Siddhant followed behind.

"Make a cup for me too, loser." He said and sat on the kitchen counter besides where she was standing. Hearing his words, she put the vessel on the counter with a thump.

"You freaking-

"...handsome." he cut her in middle and smiled cheekily at her. While she gasped and hit his arm.

"That's not what I was gonna say." She argued with a sour mood and started to go from there. But he caught her in time and pulled her closer to his sitting self by holding her from her waist.

"And where do you think you are going?" He asked looking deep in her eyes.

The same eyes he gets lost every time he looks into.

"Maybe...to order some food since there's no grocery at home and I'm hungry." Saying so, she sneaked from his arms and saunter towards the living room happily.

"LET'S GO SHOPPING THEN!" He screamed from the counter and then followed her.