Chapter 168.2

Because Imperial Physician Zhou was too shocked, he wasn't able to steady his shaken mind and the skin on his face started trembling. His lips were also pale, and even his pointed finger couldn't avoid it. Despite forcing himself to stand calmly, he was unable to conceal his panic any longer.

"Imperial Physician Zhou, this old man won't speak any empty words with you. Your entire family is in this old man's hands. Don't think about trying anything, you have no choice but to comply!"

"You-"

"Actually you could look at it from a different perspective. Once the crown prince inherits the throne, you would be his greatest contributor. No wealth or status would be out of reach."

"I, I can't...."

"Imperial Physician Zhou. Don't be in such a hurry to reject this old man. Think it over carefully. Don't end up harming your own family."

Imperial Physician Zhou's eyes suddenly widened and he spat out a mouthful of blood in anger before fainting from overstimulation.

The Jing Duke looked at him emotionally and shook his head, "Why so stubborn? Didn't you already betray him once? What's the harm in doing it a second time....."

After waiting for a while, he raised his voice and said: "Men, take Imperial Physician Zhou back."

~~~~~
The Jin Prince's group weren't aware of the things happening in the dark.

Since they had the advantage, they just had to wait for things to be in place. When the time came, his leg would be healed. Then, they would have the crown prince impeached and stripped of his position, which would be given to the Jin Prince.

This matter wasn't urgent. It was best if they could drive the crown prince insane. The Jin Prince was very entertained by the show.

However, they had forgotten something. They could scheme but others could scheme as well. The winner would be decided by who was more capable, and there were still many variables in play.

Everything that happened to Imperial Physician Zhou was quickly sent to the Jing Province.

The Jing Prince pondered things in his study for an entire night before sending back orders to the capital.

When Imperial Physician Zhou received the orders, he couldn't sleep the entire night. The next day, he asked for an audience with Emperor Xi in the Violet Imperial Hall.

"What did you say?"

An emperor's fury leads to a field of corpses.

This was Imperial Physician Zhou's first time seeing Emperor Xi so severely furious. However, he could only close his eyes, grit his teeth and continue his performance.

"Ever since that time, this servant has been full of regret and unable to sleep soundly. Your majesty's generosity has always been in my mind. Therefore, this servant won't make the same mistake this time. Even if my entire family gets killed off, I won't cower back."

"Good, very good....." Emperor Xi rubbed the blue and while little porcelain bottle on the desk, his face neutral, his expression hard to interpret but extremely gloomy. "We remember that your entire family had already died, and the funeral was even arranged by Zheng Hai Quan. How are they being used to threaten you again?"

Hearing this, Zheng Hai Quan who had been standing there this entire time immediately knelt and said while kowtowing, "This old servant went to see those bodies, and although they were burnt beyond recognition, they were indeed a man and woman, as well as an old one and a young one. This old servant doesn't know anything else."