Chapter 181

Another year passed peacefully.

Apart from occasionally going to social events, Yan Yan would visit her mom and sister-in-law at the Qi and Yan Estates. She would also go to the palace and chat with the Prime Senior Concubine occasionally.

Han Shu was born in a minor household. Although her character and abilities were decent, she was ultimately limited in experience due to her birth. In the past when she was at the Han household, there were only ten or so masters. While she managed the household, there wasn't actually too many things to do.

Now that she married Yan Mo, the Yan Estate was over twice the size of the Han household and the regulations were also extremely strict.

The servants in the Yan Estate had all been trained by Shen Yi Yao and the Yun Prince Estate and they were naturally extraordinary. Furthermore, after she married Yan Mo he had handed over some of the household's businesses to her. This was arduous task.

Han Shu was a smart person. She was also open-minded and willing to learn. After the newlywed period was over, she went to pay respects daily at the Qi Estate, and took the opportunity to learn household management from her mother-in-law Shen Yi Yao. Of course, she didn't neglect the Yun Prince Estate either. After marrying Yan Mo, she also knew her husband was very close with his sister.

With Shen Yi Yao and Yan Yan's guidance, Han Shu started getting good at managing internal affairs and networking with others. The two of them would occasionally take her to banquets and others gatherings, and she gradually made a couple of good friends in the noblewomen circles.

During this year, Luo Huai Yuan had finally reached his target weight and started doing his best to develop muscle.

The Yun Prince rarely went out, but everytime he appeared in public, everyone would be astonished. After losing all the fat, everyone realized that the Yun Prince was actually a handsome man as well.

Of course, this was just in comparison to the Yun Prince from before. Luo Huai Yuan didn't look like the pretty boys of this era. Currently, refined and scholarly pretty boys like Yan Mo were popular. Luo Huai Yuan was too tall and sturdy. Even after losing all his fat, he seemed too bulky. His body under his clothing was meaty. He seemed to be heading towards an extreme, turning all his fat into muscle.

However, it couldn't be denied that such a Luo Huai Yuan was dashing and filled with masculine energy.

Having successfully lost weight, Luo Huai Yuan had strutted around in front of the Jing Emperor several times, seeming very smug. Although he didn't say it out loud, his actions displayed clearly how pleased he was with himself. He fell just short of telling the Jing Emperor that men should look like this, not pale like you.

After winter came spring, and another year passed.

Luo Huai Yuan was planning on taking the family for a trip.

He planned on going to the south, and then swinging by the Fu Province. Yan Yan and the two children heard about the "ocean" from Luo Huai Yuan and Shen Qi, but had never seen it before. This time, Luo Huai Yuan wanted to take them on a trip, and also show them the ocean at the same time.

After saying farewell to relatives and friends, they left the capital and travelled lightly with their guards and personal servants.

They made stops along the way. They didn't have a destination and they weren't in a rush. It was just for fun, and things seemed especially blissful.

Many interesting things happened on the way, some good and some not so good. Ultimately, it was a type of experience.

The saying that you might as well travel ten thousand miles instead of reading ten thousand books was probably referring to this.
*