Chapter 180

Today, Shen Yi Yao's face was glowing. She wore a begonia red flowery outfit, making her look exceptionally graceful and magnificent. This was her first time getting a daughter-in-law. The next time wouldn't be for many years. She was naturally full of joy, and her smile was blooming.

Many noblewomen surrounded and congratulated her, praising her son for being successful, saying that now he was getting married, it alleviated one of her concerns. She just had to wait for a grandson. Although these were just pleasantries, it was still pleasing to the ear.

After around an hour, as nightfall approached, the deafening sound of firecrackers rang out. Everyone knew that the bridal sedan had returned and crowded towards the front courtyard.

As the firecrackers went off, the bride got off the sedan and entered the wedding hall for the ritual kneeling of bride and groom. Then, they entered the bridal chamber. The relatives and close friends crowded towards the bridal chamber while the other guests prepared to start the banquet.

After Yan Mo lifted the veil and shared the marital alcohol with the bride, he returned to entertain guests in the front court.

The ruckus lasted until very late in the evening when the Yan Estate finally dispersed the banquet. Luo Huai Yuan had done his job as brother-in-law and blocked many shots of alcohol for Yan Mo. Shen Qi had done the same. Otherwise, Yan Mo would have been forced to drink until he fell over.

The night became silent once again. After seeing off the guests, the servants started cleaning up.

Places to stay had been arranged for Shen Yi Yao and Qi Ran as well as Luo Huai Yuan's family. They wouldn't be leaving tonight. After Yan Mo's wedding, Shen Yi Yao was waiting for her daughter-in-law's tea the next day.

The next day, Yan Yan's family of four got up bright and early.

Now that the Yan Estate was bigger, Yan Mo had especially left two residences next to each other for his sis and his mom. Yan Yan took her man and children next door to pay respects to Shen Yi Yao and Qi Ran. Breakfast was already prepared. A large table of delicacies was laid out and the family sat and ate a scrumptious meal.

At the table, Jian'er asked curiously: "Where's little uncle? Doesn't he need to eat?"

Luo Huai Yuan smiled teasingly, "Your little uncle just got himself a wife, and doesn't need to eat breakfast."

Jian'er was still young and didn't understand his dad's words. He scratched his head and no longer spoke. From his confused expression, he was probably wondering what getting a wife had to do with eating breakfast.

Seeing this, the adults all laughed.

After eating, they rinsed their mouths and cleaned their hands. The servants brought over tea and the group chatted idly while waiting for the newlyweds.

Before long, Yan Mo brought his bride over.

Han Shu was dressed especially festively today. She wore a pink little jacket embroidered with golden peony and a brocaded skirt with roses. Her hair was done in a heart-shaped bun and held in place with a gold headdress. Compared to her normally unobtrusive self, she was few shades more lovely and splendid.

Her little face was red and she followed Yan Mo closely. Looking at Yan Mo, he had a faint smile on his face. It seemed the two's wedding night had gone pretty smoothly.

After their greetings, Luo Huai Yuan teased: "This youngster finally got married. You could say it's resolved one of your sister's worries. Do you best, our mom is still waiting to hold some grandchildren."

Yan Mo grinned foolishly, his ears a little red. Han Shu lowered her head, her cheeks crimson.

Then they served Shen Yi Yao tea and Qi Ran was naturally included as well. The two elders were all smiles, and after receiving the tea they put their greeting gifts on the tray. When it came to Luo Huai Yuan and Yan Yan's turn, the two were extremely generous. Then came Niu Niu and Jian'er. This time it was Han Shu who gave her niece and nephew greeting gifts.
After everything was done, the group no longer bothered the newlyweds and prepared to return to their estates.