Chapter 170

The night was dark and windy, the half-moon faintly discernable behind the clouds.

The area around the eastern palace was filled with noise. The sounds of crying and screaming were everywhere, mixed with the clamor of footsteps. Along with the light cast by the torches, it gave the atmosphere an urgent air.

The Jin Prince urgently ordered his men to find the crown prince. They had even searched the crown prince's concubines and consort's residences but there was still no sign of him. The Jin Prince knew he had to be in the eastern palace. His spies had reported the crown prince had gone to sleep in the eastern palace, but he was nowhere to be seen.

The Jin Prince's rebellion this time wasn't against Emperor Xi. This was because in the JIn Prince's mind, Emperor Xi was already done for and was merely prolonging the inevitable. The goal of his rebellion was to kill the crown prince. As long as they could wipe out the crown prince and Empress Xiao's influence in the palace, it was naturally easy for them to handle the rest. It wouldn't be hard to accuse the crown prince of conspiracy to harm Emperor Xi. History was written by the victor after all.

Who would have thought that the crown prince would vanish without a trace? A group of imperial guards had then charged towards the eastern palace's gates, crying "his majesty is awake".

Hearing this, the Jin Prince felt as though he was drenched by a bucket of cold water. He couldn't help but shiver. Everything had been planned well and things had been looking extremely good. However, they ran into this hiccup at the crucial moment. Also, now that his royal father was awake, would he let him off if he knew what he had done?

Countless thoughts flashed across his mind. The Jin Prince's eyes were bulging and he forcibly repressed his restlessness and worry. He ordered some people to block those that had come and verify if the information was correct. The others were ordered to continue searching for the crown prince. If he could kill him in this brief period of time, he still had a chance.

The Jin Prince wasn't wrong. As long as the crown prince died, he had many opportunities to turn things around. For example, he could tell Emperor Xi that he suspected the crown prince of harming him. The reason he rebelled was because things were desperate. This was also why he attacked the eastern palace instead of the Violet Imperial Hall.

Furthermore, Emperor Xi had always been biased towards the Jin Prince. With the crown prince dead, he might very well choose to protect his outstanding son. After all, with the crown prince dead, the Jin Prince was the only suitable successor.

The scene immediately grew chaotic. The Jin Prince pondered many things while standing in place. Success or failure depended on the crown prince's death.

That's right, as long as the crown prince died!
Someone stumbled over helter-skelter, his voice containing unconstrained joy.

"The crown prince, the crown prince is dead...."

"What did you say?"

"Jin Prince, highness, the crown prince is dead in the courtyard...."

The Jin Prince's heart tightened and swiftly headed over. When he arrived, he saw the crown prince lying in a flowerbed covered in blood.

He personally stepped up to verify and checked for breathing.

It was truly the crown prince, and he was really dead.

The Jin Prince's hands trembled slightly. He didn't have the time to wonder who killed the crown prince and how his corpse appeared in a place which had been searched repeatedly. He urgently gave some instructions before heading to the eastern palace's gates.

Fierce Consort (Part 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें