Chapter 3 - First Day of Classes

Gwendolyn

My alarm clock had gone off at a nice and early 6:00 am. I had gotten up, brushed my teeth, washed my face and moisturized, used the restroom, got my things together for school, and skipped breakfast, swiftly leaving the building.

Now, I stood in the courtyard, Caspian, Atlas, and Roman surrounding me and peering down at my schedule.

7:45 - 8:45 English Literature
8:50 - 9:50 AP Biology
9:55 - 10:55 AP Government
11:00 - 12:00 Psychology
12:00 - 12:45 Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 Calculus

The school wasn't a huge fan of electives, so you basically just got your core classes and one elective that you wanted to take, and that was that. But I didn't mind it. It kept things simple and easy. And, of course, less classes means less work. That's just math.

"Well, you're in luck, sweetheart, because at least one of us in every single one of your classes," Roman said from my right.

I had just barely gotten used to him calling me that, and every time he said it, a blush crossed over my cheeks.

I looked up at him, and he pecked my forehead with his lips.

"You are so unbelievably cute, you know that?"

"Thank you, Roman," I say, chuckling, and his jaw ticks at my words, an animalistic gleam in his eyes, but I can't seem to figure out why.

"We have to get you to class, little one," Caspian says, breaking the moment between Roman and me.

He slings his arm over my shoulders and leads me away from the boys, and towards my first class of the day -- English Literature.

~~~~~

English might have been my favorite class. My only wish was that there were more challenging courses offered. I looked over to my left to see Caspian nearly snoring himself to death, and leaning so far back in his chair that I was amazed it hadn't tipped over yet.

We were supposed to be making annotations in The Great Gatsby. That's what I was doing, at least. But I guess Caspian had other plans.

"Mr. Thorn, am I boring you, by chance?" Professor Thomas barked out.

Caspian nearly had an exorcism with how quickly he jumped up in his chair, startled.

"Not at all, Professor," he said smoothly. "I was just admiring the beautiful woman next to me." He turned and winked at me before a boyish grin filled his face.

I blushed immediately and giggled under my breath.

"Right," Professor Thomas muttered, rolling his eyes at Caspian's antics.

The rest of the class flew by, and I could barely focus on my book while Caspian twirled my hair in his fingers.

~~~~~

The rest of the day droned by, and I was beginning to think that maybe this school wasn't as exciting as I had anticipated.

I had just stepped onto the elevator of my building, and another girl with short brown hair and dark brown eyes got on with me.