Chapter 7 - Date Night*

A/N: this chapter does not contain sexually explicit content, but does discuss sexually explicit themes. Please be safe out there.

~~~~~

Atlas

Caspian, Roman, and I had wanted to properly ask Gwendolyn on a date since the night we met her. The three of us figured that the time to ask would never really present itself, so we just had to be brave and hope it would go well.

Currently, Gwendolyn and I were seated in our calculus class, which was the final one of the day, thankfully. Our professor had given us the second half of class to work on anything we needed to for calculus, and then we could relax when we were finished with everything.

Fortunately, I had already completed all of the work for this class, and I was just using the remaining amount of time -- which equated to 30 minutes -- to watch Gwendolyn finish up her study guide, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"You keep looking at me, Atlas," she said softly, peering over at me. "Is there something you want?"

I decided that there really was no time like the present, and spoke the words that I had been longing to say. "Would you like to go on a date with us, sweet girl?"

Immediately, her cheeks flushed a bright red that resembled a cherry. She stared deep into my eyes for a moment, face painted with suspicion, as if in disbelief that I'd asked the question at all.

"Of course I would, Atlas," she replied cheerily, and the delicate features of her face softened, a smile of adoration forming on her lips. "I just don't know why it took you so long to ask."

Relief flooded through me. I'm not sure why an inkling of worry had been in my chest at the idea that she could reject me. I'm not sure why I needed to know that she wanted me just as much as I wanted her, and I'm also not sure if being rejected by her would hurt me more than I'd like it to.

A while must have passed since she responded, because she asked, "Is everything okay, Atlas? You zoned out for a second." Her eyebrows were furrowed again, but this time with concern and worry.

"Everything is perfectly fine, baby," I said, trying to calm her nerves -- and perhaps my own, as well.

"It better be," she demanded, her voice both assertive and caring. "I'm not letting you ruin my mood. I literally just got asked out on a date. Have some freaking empathy."

I chuckled, and my laugh seemed to completely rid her of the unease she was feeling.

"Where are we going?" She was eager to know, her eyes wide in excitement, and her body shifted fully in her chair to face me.

"It's a surprise, baby girl," I answered.

"Okay... I'll see you tonight, then." She eyed me like I had something masterfully devious planned.

But little does she know -- I have no fucking clue what we're going to do.

~~~~~

Gwendolyn

Ever since Atlas asked me to go on a date, I had been ecstatic. The only thing I was worried about was what I would wear. I had absolutely no clue what, or where our date would be. That's a problem.

When class ended, and thus, the school day, Atlas and I went our separate ways. I went to the library because I desperately needed some entertainment in the form of books, and Atlas went off to football.

While at the library, I picked up a few comfort books -- and by "a few comfort books," I mean I got my hands on the Heroes of Olympus series. Nothing tops it.